Chapter 15

15.1

As the sunlight shone through the sliding doors of the room, Shiina Hiyori began to stir awake as her eyes slowly opened. The first thing she saw was the white ceiling, causing her to don a look of confusion.

This wasn't the place where she was supposed to be, as far as she knew.

"I'm... in my room...?" she thought to herself, letting out a cute yawn before rubbing her eyes. "Strange... I don't recall going home by myself. Wasn't I supposed to be at the library?"

Hiyori was about to sit up and stretch her limbs to get rid of her sleepiness, but the sound of someone else snoring softly immediately filled her ears and caused her to freeze in place.

"Did... someone just...?"

A nervous look washed over her face, as she slowly turned around to see where that noise just came from.

A loud cry would have left her mouth if she hadn't covered it with her hand to muffle her voice for a moment. She moved away so quickly that her head almost hit the wall behind her.

"K-Kiyotaka-kun?!" she cried out in alarm, a nuclear blush taking over her features in an instant upon seeing her friend from another class sleeping peacefully right beside her. "W-W-Wha-Wha-What are you doing in my bed...?!"

The girl's voice was enough for Kiyotaka to wake up from his slumber like a machine whose switch was flipped. He quickly turned to the person whom he was supposedly sleeping next to for the whole night, knowing that it was her who just screamed.

One look at Hiyori was all it took for Kiyotaka to realize the situation he was in, and he could only sigh to himself.

"I knew this would happen..." he sighed to himself.

It's a good thing that he had already formulated a proper plan in his mind to explain this situation before it could get ugly.

"Good morning, Hiyori."

Hiyori could only stare at him, ignoring what he said completely as a plethora of questions immediately began to build up in her mind.

Why was Kiyotaka here? How did he get here? What was he doing in her bed? Why was he sleeping with her?

Question after question seemed to fill Hiyori's mind just from seeing him, but she was still able to ask her friend something that could explain the biggest elephant in the room right now...

"Kiyotaka-kun... did you sneak into my room?" she asked, raising an eyebrow at him suspiciously.

"No. I don't even have a copy of your keycard. What makes you think I can go inside your room as I please?" he stated in a deadpan voice, sitting at the edge of the bed while stretching his arms.

That made Hiyori relieved, albeit slightly. At least that explanation cleared the growing suspicion in her mind that Kiyotaka was a creepy stalker all along and he had malicious intentions regarding her.

And then, Hiyori quickly berated herself for thinking about such a thing for someone whom she saw as a friend.

Of course Kiyotaka isn't like that! How shameful of her to think that way about him without even knowing the context of why he was here!

For shame, Hiyori.

For shame.

Now feeling a lot calmer than before, Hiyori took a deep breath and straightened her position, sitting more properly while donning a more serious look.

"Then how are you here?"

Kiyotaka turned his head to give her a look of confusion. "You really don't remember anything from yesterday?"