Chapter 17

17.1

"Do you... want us to start dating then, or...?"

That question made the young man halt in his thoughts regarding food for the moment, as he shifted his attention to Hiyori's words.

"Hm..."

Did he want them to start going out as a couple right away? After all, they were already aware of each other's feelings now, so there's no need to beat around the bush.

He also had no problem going out with a beautiful girl like Hiyori, especially when they click so well together.

However, there was just something about this possible arrangement that didn't sit right with him.

"How about we put a hold on that label for now? I would like to spend more time getting to know you before getting into an official relationship with you, Hiyori. Perhaps that way, I'll be able to figure out for myself if I do hold romantic feelings for you."

"I see..."

While she could understand Kiyotaka's point and agreed with his logic wholeheartedly, there was still a small part of her that felt disappointed.

They were already close with each other and even though a few things happened between them that she had no control over, Hiyori saw nothing wrong with them trying things out as a couple.

"Are you disappointed?"

Hiyori quickly turned back towards him, and she realized that he was waiting for an answer from her.

She quickly shook her head in response. "N-No, no, that sounds fair. I also think it would be pretty awkward if we just became a couple right away. It's only been a month and a half since we first met..."

"Has it? It feels like I've known you for a long time," he shrugged.

"You're not the only one who thinks that way," she chuckled, quickly getting over her earlier disappointment. "Maybe we could just enjoy what we have for now, then? As I said, I already like spending time with you, Kiyotaka-kun."

"It's a deal, then. However, that doesn't stop me from doing this."

In one smooth move, Kiyotaka reached out with his hand to grab the back of Hiyori's head, before pulling her towards him. The girl could only look on with shock as Kiyotaka's lips descended upon hers in a kiss.

For Hiyori, she couldn't believe that the boy in front of her was actually kissing her. While this wasn't the first time that this happened between them, she felt that it was because she didn't really remember anything from last night. In her eyes, this was her first kiss and Kiyotaka just took it in one swoop.

However, she didn't feel uncomfortable or anything from his sudden action. As a matter of fact, after being taken aback for a moment after feeling Kiyotaka's lips on hers, she immediately surrendered to the sensation that it brought upon her. She didn't know how, but it felt like every single neuron in her body sent feelings of euphoria to her brain all at the same time, putting the girl in a temporary trance.

In other words, Hiyori felt like she was in heaven.

Fitting for someone who was referred to by many people as an 'angel'.

Was this how a heroine feels when she gets kissed by the main character in a story? Did it really feel this good to be kissed by the person she liked?

Just as Hiyori felt the desire to return the kiss, Kiyotaka had already pulled away with a trail of saliva still connecting their lips, denying her the chance to enjoy the sensation for a little more. This also broke her out of her temporary trance and caused her to look at him in confusion, wondering why he stopped kissing her and why he even did it in the first place.