"But I don't know if she likes me back. When everyone is around, it's quite difficult to interpret anything you know and over texts or calls you just never know. It could be anything" I nod understanding his point of view

"So why don't you ask her to meet you somewhere out at a café or something?" I suggest

He immediately says "I did just now and I'm waiting for her reply"

I hum "So does anyone else know about this?"

He widens his eyes "No and you will also not tell anyone. If they get to know then they will not just tease me to death but also make it so obvious that she will also know about it"

I pat his shoulder to calm him down "Alright got it. Relax"

He then starts telling me about that one time she linked her arms with his in Manali and after that how she was comfortable being a little touchy. He is literally gushing over it like a schoolgirl making me smirk because I will use this on him in the future.

Which is quite entertaining and I can't believe he is so blind that he can't notice the signs she is giving. I wouldn't burst the bubble because one it is not my thing to tell and two I can't be too sure until she tells me directly.

My train of thoughts are interrupted by the sound of notification from Dhruv's phone. I peek to look at what the message is and it is from none other than Anaya.

He looks at me nervously and I raise my eyebrows "what are you waiting for? Open"

He opens the WhatsApp message and it reads

Sure can we meet at 4 because I have some dinner plans with my parents

He then types Yeah no problem

Confused, I ask "Don't her parents live in Mumbai?"

He tosses his phone aside and replies "yes but they've come down to meet her"

A smirk forms on my lips "Of course you will after talking to her for hours daily"

"Shut up!" He says poorly trying to hide his flushed cheek, making me laugh.

His face suddenly changes to nervous expression and he asks "Rey I need some help"

"Tell me" I immediately say

"Can you please come with me to the café today?"

I face palm myself "Seriously? Have you gone nuts? You're going on an unofficial date and you want me there?"

"Well about that" he nervously adds

I groan "what did you do now?"

He gulps "I said we're both going to the café and if she wants she can come along with Aadhya. I told her that others are busy so they wouldn't be able to make it"

I run my fingers through my hair in frustration "For Christ's sake, Dhruv are you for real?"

"She wouldn't have agreed if I said it would be the both of us alone! For this love story to begin your brother needs some help" He begs dramatically by pressing his hands together

I roll my eyes in annoyance "Stop being a Cameron tucker and fine I'll come with you but because of you I will have to spend time with Aadhya and for that you owe me a big time"

"Thank you!" He launches himself on him and gives me a sloppy kiss on my cheek

"Yuck yaar Dhruv!"

***

"Wait, where are you both going?" We stop our tracks hearing di's voice and turn around to see she is accompanied by literally everyone in the family.