"I'm afraid not, my prince. Although, it could be because of a message that arrived from King's Landing." The servant answered, taking the spears from him and clearing the rest of the weapons laid on the table. 

Upon hearing those words, Oberyn left the servant to head directly to the Tower of the Sun. He figured there was no time to waste especially since it seems that the king had heard of their plans. They had both known what they were risking by planning an uprising. 

Waiting for no response, Oberyn pushed open the doors to the solar where he knew his brother would be. 

His brother, Doran looked up upon hearing him enter, a relieved yet resigned expression on his face. "Good. You're here." 

"What is it? What's wrong?" Oberyn asked, crossing his arms. On the way, he had already been gearing himself to expect the worst scenario so that he could be prepared for whatever it is the message held.  

"Word has reached King's Landing of our support for Prince Viserys Targaryen." Doran replied, looking pointedly at the piece of parchment set on the table in front of him, the Baratheon stag seal standing out for all to see. 

"I figured. What was his response? Is he calling for us to surrender at King's Landing?" Oberyn scoffed, heading over to pour himself some Dornish red. The bitter-sweet liquid went smoothly down his throat until he heard his brother's next words. 

"Quite the opposite actually. He wishes to have our allegiance. " Doran frowned, hoping that he was making the right decision when he sent that last letter. "Robert Baratheon seems to think that by allying our families, we may be dissuaded from our cause."

Oberyn raised a brow in skepticism. "Allying our families? How does he plan to do that? Besides, is he foolish enough to think that we will be dissuaded from our cause by swearing allegiance to him?"

Doran met his gaze carefully and hastily spoke. "He wishes to betroth you to his sister, Cassandra Baratheon." 

Oberyn spat out the wine he had been drinking before looking at his brother with wide eyes, his shock overcoming him. "What?!" 

Surely, he heard wrong. Cassandra? Cassandra Baratheon? That couldn't be right. He must still be dreaming for the possibility of such a thing was impossible. 

"She is on a ship to Dorne, accompanied by the new Hand, Jon Arryn. I am assured that he brings terms with the offer of betrothal." Doran continued, looking unfazed by his brother's reaction, already used to his dramatics by now. 

"Cassandra Baratheon?!" Oberyn said once more, not believing it at all. And so soon? She was already on her way?

"Such an alliance would ensure the survival of our house should anything happen. Robert Baratheon will be least likely to stand against our family if his precious sister is with us. No matter what we try to do." Doran expounded. 

"Doran, wait." Oberyn sought to interrupt once more but his brother only continued speaking. 

"I know it is not the match you had in mind but I have heard great tales of her beauty and kindness. She will be good for you." Doran nodded, thoughtfully. 

In fact, if the old letters from their sister were not enough, Arianne had also told him stories of the elusive Baratheon girl. She had told him of their adventures in exploring the fishing village by the port. 

"That's not it! Was she not betrothed to Ned Stark? You can't be pertaining to the same Cassandra Baratheon." Oberyn said, shaking his head in denial. 

Robert Baratheon's victory indicated that Ned Stark must be alive as well and if that were the case, should he not be married to Cassandra? It would be the perfect celebration if they were not already wed. Although, it was stupid that the man waited that long to marry such a woman.