You Promised (Interlude)

Hey so I might start slipping these in between actual chapters, there just like little stories that went on before the ATSV timeline
Not proofread
————-
~ 5 months before the events of ATSV
He had promised he was going to get sleep. He promised he was going to work on it. And he promised to let you take some of the late night missions. But as you stood waiting by your bedroom door, waiting to hear Miguel's returning footsteps to his bedroom, which was right across the hall, you knew he had broken the promise.
It was now 2am, and you had first heard heard Miguel sneak through the hallway at 11:47pm. So you were gonna wait here, and as soon as you heard Miguel return, you were gonna throw open your door and, if you had too, physically wrestle him into bed. You had learned that Miguel got four hours at most of sleep every night. You didn't even know how he stayed awake all day, and had energy to fight anomalies day in and day out.
You snapped out of your thoughts. You heard Miguel's heavy footsteps coming down the hallway. As soon as you heard the keypad to his room beeping, you threw open your door.
"Miguel O'Hara!" You whisper shouted, careful not to wake any of the other Spiders.
His back that was to you flinched. He slowly stood up to his full height, sighed, and then slowly turned to you. His eyes were tired and bloodshot as he stared at you, and he had a cut on his jaw. You let out a small gasp as you gently reached up and grabbed his jaw, tilting it down towards your eyes.
"Y/N, it's really not bad-,"
"Miguel-you promised me," you said sternly.
"I- I know, but there was another anomaly and-," he said
"I told you to let me take some of the night jobs!"
"Yeah- I know and...," Miguel slowly trailed of as he slowly leaned down and reached his hand out to brush hair behind your ear. "Sweetheart, have you been up this entire time waiting for me?"
"Maybe," you said, slightly surprised from Miguel's previous action.
"You should get some sleep, okay?" He said as he stood up. He turned back to his keypad. You grabbed his arm.
"I'm not going to sleep until you go to sleep," you insisted pointing a finger into his chest.
"Fine! Fine, I'll go to sleep. Happy?" He put his hands up in surrender.
"You have to promise to sleep in till 8."
He was silent.
"Miguel!" You tapped your foot.
"Alright! Jesus, woman."
"Good." He went to go back to his keypad before he hesitated, turning back to you.
"Can we meet halfway and go 6:15?"
"Miguel that's not even halfway. 8am, or-"
"Or what?" He asked cocking an eyebrow with a smirk, crossing his arms and leaning against the door.
"I'll- I'll-" Shoot. You hadn't thought this part out yet. "I'll force you into bed myself," you said with false confidence.
"Your adorable. And no, that's not happening. Go to sleep." Miguel typed in his passcode and opened his door.
Damn it. This was not how you thought it would work. You watched as his back was to you in his doorway. Now or never. You took the opportunity to shove Miguel into his room and slam the door behind you. He tripped from the force, just a little, and looked at you with genuine shock on his face.
"Miguel O'Hara! You promised! And first of all, I know you were bargaining for 6:15 because you want to go to the gym! But guess what? ITS OPEN ALL DAMN DAY! Your sleeping till 8 and I'm gonna sit right here until you sleep, because I can't trust you right now to keep your word." And with that, you plopped right down on the floor next to Miguel's bed, snatching a pillow from his bed and laying down with your arms crossing your chest to rest your case.
"You've got to be kidding me," Miguel said leaning over you with his fists on his hips.
"Oh, I'm not, hot shot."
Miguel drug his hands down his face. "Fine-fine whatever, sleep on the floor for all I care."
He turned and slipped into his bathroom, shutting the door.
Did I fuck things up? He seemed kinda pissed, but when is he not? He needs sleep and I know he would only get, like, three hours tonight if he has it his way. Shut up! I've made my decision already, if he's pissed, he's pissed, but he desperately needs sleep, so maybe it's okay to pay a price?
Your head was loud with conflicting thoughts, but they quited as soon as the bathroom door opened. You bent your head to look at Miguel's upside down figure opening the door. You laid your head back down, and soon Miguel was standing back over you in a t-shirt and shorts.
"Changed your mind?" He asked smugly.
"Sure haven't."
He rolled his eyes. "Suit yourself."
You watched him set down his suit out of the corner of your eye. He then slid into his bed, shutting off the lights. Your eyes were dripping slightly, but you fought to stay awake.
"Sleepy?" Your eyes shot open, and you turned over to realize Miguel was propped up on his arm looking down at you.
"No-" a yawn escaped you. Damn it. "I'm not tired," you insisted.
"Oh, yeah. Sure you aren't," he said sarcastically before laying back down.
You shifted around on the floor trying to get comfortable. You could definitely sleep on the floor, no doubt, but it wasn't your ideal sleeping spot for sure.
Five minutes of fighting sleep and shifting on the ground went by before you heard a loud sigh.
"Get up here."
You leaned up on your elbows. "What?"
"Get. Up. Here."
You say up fully now. "In your bed?" You asked, shocked.
"No the ceiling, yes my bed, come on. I don't bite."
Your eyebrows drew together. "Actually-"
"Just shut up and come here, I'm not letting you sleep on my floor," he said gruffly.
"What happened to your I Don't Give A Shit attitude?" You said as you stood up and shuffled over to his bed.
"Y/N I swear-"
"Okay, okay, I'm coming."
  You stared for a second, contemplating all your life choices. Your hand finally shaking reached out for his covers and you slid in. You made sure to stay on the far side. You didn't really want to make anything happen. Your heart was beating loudly, you could practically feel it in your ears. You jumped slightly when Miguel moved next to you.
  You suddenly felt an arm snake around your waist, and pull you against Miguel's chest.
"Go to sleep please," Miguel grunted into your ear. Your eyes were wide and your body was rigid against his. You'd never, ever, been this close.
"Not unless you promise to get up at 8," you said groggily.
"7:30." Miguel mumbled.
"Fine," you said, slowly starting to relax into him, he was so warm and cozy.
"Miguel?"
No answer.
"Hot shot?"
Silence.
Miguel O'Hara finally went to sleep. Holding you.
———-
Guys that was so cute stawp
*cries in single*