Part 7- The Spiderverse

Not proofread also I've seen Spider-Man ATSV three times now highly recommend
—————
  As Gwen and Miles were distracted with greeting Peter, you swung back onto Miguel's platform. He wasn't facing you, pinching his nose and grumbling in Spanish, but you knew he knew you were there.
"Was the trash can chucking really necessary, Miguel? He could've been hurt."
"That's the least of my concern right now," he said facing you with tired eyes.
"How many times do I-," you sighed in frustration, clenching your fists. "Miguel he's a kid."
He leaned in closer to you, his teeth gritted. "I'm aware."
  Suddenly, Mayday, Peter's baby girl dropped right onto Miguel. He didn't even flinch as she giggled atop his head. She started crawling along his shoulders, as you laughed lightly and smiled. Peter suddenly swung into the platform, slippers and all.
"Miguel, look at this one," he said as he held up his phone that was displaying adorable pictures of Mayday.
"I'm trying to hold a serious adult conversation here." He still did not acknowledge Mayday crawling under his arm now. You reached out for her.
"Come ere Mayday," she looked at you with her pretty blue eyes and cooed, reaching out to you. You grabbed her and held her to your chest.
"Hi baby! Is the grumpy old man being mean?" You asked as you tickled her side. She giggled in response, her fiery red hair knotted under her little beanie. You looked up at Miguel to see him looking back at you, and he had a softer expression on his face and maybe a teeny hint of a smile.
"Spider-Men are supposed to be funny!" Peter scolded. Miguel slowly pried his eyes away from you and Mayday to talk to Peter.
"Peter, the fate of the multiverse-,"
"You always lose me with that!" Peter said throwing his head back. "You go, 'the fate of the multiverse' and my brain dies!"
"Uh hey Peter?" You said holding Mayday up. "I think little Spider here needs a change."
He shuffled over to you and picked her up. "Oh yep, Mayday took a crap," and he swung down to the ground again.
Miguel turned back to Miles.
"Miles, you disrupted a canon event," he put his hands on his hips and tilted his head.
"Canon event?" Miles repeated.
"He wasn't thinking! That's not how he works." Peter yelled behind him.
"That's insulting," Miles said defensively before facing Miguel again. "Why are you upset? I saved those people?"
Miguel stepped down from his platform, you following him. "And that's exactly the problem," Miguel answered. "Lila," her tiny figure materialized, "do the thing."
"Huh? What thing?"
"Wh- what do you mean what thing? The information explaining thingy."
"Uh okay," she said slightly annoyed. She waved her tiny hands and the room around you blurred. The small ball of light you've seen countless times dropped from the ceiling and illuminated everyone's face.
"What's this?" Miles asked, amazed.
"This," Miguel paused to look at you, then looked back to Miles, "is everything."
The ball of light hit the ground, exploding upwards into bright tree, sprouting many branches above you.
"...can you be more specific?" Miles asked.
"Can you not talk for a second?" Miguel shot back rudely. You nudged his arm lightly giving him a condescending look, your lip in a thin line with your eyebrows raised.
"Yeah, yeah, I can-I can do that." Miles said, embarrassment in his tone, swinging his arms nervously.
The branches of the trees started turning into red webs, connecting and spreading across the length of the blurry fog surrounding you.
"This is all of us. All of our lives woven together in a web of life and destiny," explained Miguel.
"The Spiderverse." Miles said confidently.
"The Spiderverse?" Miguel repeated, raising his eyebrows lazily. "That's...stup-"
You cut in. "Better than the arachnoid-humanoid-poly-multiverse." You glanced at Miguel. He tilted his head. "That sounds stupid too, I guess."
Miles tried to repress an I told you so face as he turned back to the webs. "And these nodes where the lines meet?"
"They are the canon," Miguel informed, "chapters that are apart of every Spider's story. Every single time. Some good. Some bad," Miguel grabbed the ball that moved around the webs. "Some very bad."
Suddenly, a line of Spiders leaning over a deceased friend or family member appeared. And there was Gwen and Miles, leaning over a body at the end of the line. Miles eyes widened as he stepped over to his hologram.
"Uncle Aaron," he whispered.
Your eyes met your own hologram. It was one of the first in the line close to Jess. You were leaned over your Aunt May. You were one of the only Spiders whose canon was losing Aunt May, because it's usually Uncle Ben instead. Losing Aunt May was horrible, she was like your Mom, and after she died, Uncle Ben became someone you didn't know. He was mean, and one night after a big argument ensued, and Uncle Ben hurled a glass plate at you, you left and never went back. That was the same night Miguel found you and recruited you.
You turned away from your sobbing hologram. Miguel noticed and turned the ball in his hands quickly to show a different canon event instead.
"This event, a police captain close to Spider-Man dies, saving a child from falling rubble during a battle with an arch-nemesis."
One of the many holograms spoke. "Captain Stacy, I'm so sorry."
Your eyes slid over to Gwen, but she just stared hard at the floor, lifting her head once to look at Miles.
"That happened to you?" Miles asked directly at Peter B, but Jess and Hobie spoke up, saying it had both happened to them too.
"That's how the stories are supposed to go. Canon events are the connections that bind our lives together. But they can be broken. That's why," he tilted his head at Miles, "anomalies are so dangerous."
Everyone looked at Miles, we all knew something he didn't, and he didn't register the looks everyone was giving him.
"Inspector Singh's death was a canon event. You weren't supposed to be there. And you weren't supposed to save him. That's why Gwen tried to stop you."
"I thought you were tryna save me?" Miles turned to Gwen.
"I- I was...doing both," she said pulling her arms around herself and turning from Miles.
"And now Miles, because you changed the story, Pravitr's dimension is unraveling. If we're lucky, we can fix it."
"But- that wasn't me that was the Spot!" Miles said putting his arms up defensively.
"It's what happens when you break the canon." Miguel said, walking towards Miles with his head bent.
"But how do you know?"
"Because I broke it once myself."