Let Me Help You (Interlude)

Here I am feeding your guy's obsession again
Not proofread lmao
————
~3 months before the events of ATSV
You were in the middle of your gym workout, specifically a deadly treadmill run, when Lila suddenly sprang out of your watch. You stumbled in surprise and embarrassingly tumbled off the treadmill with a yelp. You collapsed at the edge of the treadmill in a sweaty heap, letting out a painful groan. It was currently 8:47pm, and you were one of the only ones in the gym, but the very few who were in there with you, were staring at your figure laying on the ground.
"Lila!" You growled. "Can we get you a bell or something? Seriously," you said sitting up, holding you elbow which took the brunt of the fall.
"I'm really sorry Y/N, but Miguel needs your help."
You sat up a little straighter, forgetting about the throbbing in your arm. "What's wrong is he okay? He shouldn't be out should he?"
"A last minute anomaly popped up so he went after it," Lila replied.
"Typical," you said rolling your eyes.
"Listen, he said to not call for you, but I did anyways. I'm worried he's gonna get really hurt this time. It's a big anomaly."
"Send me the location. Tell him I'll be there ASAP. Keep an eye on him, okay?" You said, speeding out of the gym and to your room.
"You got it. Hurry!" Lila said before fizzling out. This was extremely worrying. Miguel was a "I can do everything by myself and won't ask for anyone's help no matter what" kinda guy. Sure, he didn't ask for your backup, but Lila usually stuck by Miguel's word and didn't call anyone unless he asked her too. So if Lila was doing this on her own accord, it could be pretty bad.
You threw open your door and stumbled into your suit quickly and tugged on your mask. You started tapping through your watch, finding Miguel's location. You typed in the coordinates, and watched as the brightly colored portal opened up before your closet. You didn't even wait for it to fully expand, before stepping in. Your eyes scanned the area around you. There was a lot of fire and debris. It looked like you were in some sort of storage building. You suddenly felt your spider-sense ringing in your head. You ducked just in time to dodge some rebar being thrown at your head.
Your head whipped around immediately, to see a giant lizard thrashing around wildly. You had seen many different lizard variants but this one was weird. It was like a futuristic lizard. It had one cyborg-looking eye, and one of its hands were completely replaced with a gun that looked like it probably shot lasers. It's tongue flicked in and out as it suddenly roared at something around the corner, that was out of your sight line.
Bright red webs suddenly shot around the corner, wrapping around the lizards mouth, securing it closed. Miguel. The lizard flailed around wildly for a second, before reading up it'a head. You finally spotted Miguel, as he held on to his webs, but went flying in the air. Alright time to go, you thought as you sped towards the fight. You spotted Miguel laying some distance behind the lizard, who was now very occupied in tearing apart shipping containers. You leaped over piles of rubble, and finally landed next to his body lying on the ground.
"Miguel!" You whisper shouted, laying your hands on his shoulders as you kneeled next to him.
"Oh, hey," he said letting out a cough. "I'm fine I just need a sec," he let out a breath as he continued to lay there.
"Lila scan him please."
"N-no that's really unnecessary-" Miguel tried to fight back, trying to sit up. You pushed his shoulders back down gently.
"Nuh-uh. Stay down hot shot."
He sighed as he reluctantly layed down. Lila completed the scan.
"Small concussion, severe bruising to the ribs, and lots of lacerations to the shoulder and chest."
"Thanks."
"No problem," she said as she disappeared.
You turned to Miguel. "If you weren't severely injured right now-,"
"I don't know about severe-"
"I would punch you. Hard. Why didn't you call for me sooner!"
"I didn't call for you, first of all." Miguel said sitting up slightly, letting out the tiniest hiss of pain. You lunged forward and helped him sit up, putting a hand on his back.
"Well still. If you ever need me you know I'll show up, right?" You said looked at his mask's eye lens'.
"I know, I just don't-," he looked away. "I don't like calling you, because I don't want you getting hurt."
You stared at him as he picked at his suit. "Miguel look at me please."
He looked up slowly. "I don't want you to get hurt either. And that's why I'm here. Right now. To stop you from getting hurt worse."
He nodded. You turned back to the lizard, his giant scaly head stuck in a shipping container.
"You just lay here, and I'll be right back," you said standing up. Miguel grabbed your wrist, as he slowly stood up, holding his side. Now that he was standing you could see his suit'a shoulder was ripped open, exposing his skin, which was covered in blood. You winced.
"No. No I can fight." Miguel said sternly.
"Miguel-," you started.
"I'm not arguing with you about this."
You sighed. "Fine."
He nodded and let go of your wrist. "I'll take the head, you go after the gun."
You shook your head in agreement, and you both took off after the lizard.
————-
  After a lot of webs, groans, punches, and diamonds being thrown from you, you and Miguel had finally gotten the lizard into a portal and back to headquarters to deal with later. After pushing him through with a lot of effort, you turned to Miguel, both of your masks off.
"See? You should let me help you more often."
Miguel laughed. "Yeah, we'll see about that."
"Are you kidding? You totally needed me."
He scoffed, looking away. "Whatever makes you feel better."
"Oh please, your secretly glad Lila called me, don't even lie."
"Oh yeah, you got me all figured out." Miguel said sarcastically. Your laughed lightly, as your tone turned solemn.
"I was really worried about you. I was scared I was too late," you said, your eyes downcast. Nothing was said for a couple beats, before Miguel was grabbing your hand.
"I'm still here. I'm not going anywhere. Promise," he said squeezing your hand and looking at you sweetly. You nodded in return, and turned to head into the portal. But Miguel pulled your hand and said something really, really quiet.
"What?" You said.
"....thank you....."
You smiled deviously. "What was that?"
Miguel's shoulders tensed. "Thank you," he said louder, annoyance in his voice.
"Ohhhh, thank you. Yes, your very welcome," you replied in an obnoxious tone, lightly patting his head, careful of his concussion. Miguel huffed and swatted your hand away, but winced, putting a hand on his side.
"Let's get you fixed up now," you said, slipping his arm over your shoulder before walking into the portal.
————

Someone commented this ab Miguel on insta And it has me dying

And it has me dying