Story 9: Battle Arena

Start from the beginning

This tunnel leads to one of the many battle arenas that give resources.

Unlike other battle arenas in our area, this one gives the most generous offer.

How generous?

Defeating an ordinary slow walker gets you a whole-packaged biscuit. Other battle arenas give you 1 biscuit packet or worse just a piece of biscuit.

Unfortunately, it only opens from August to September. The problem is that August and September are prominent in interchanging between violent rainy weather or skin-burning sunny weather.

In an open-air battle arena like this one, you won't survive, much less win with that kind of heaven-disastrous condition.

Hence, we took advantage of this rare tolerable day to try our luck.

"Isabell"

I perked up at the mention of my name.

"You're up" vice-leader, Ferus gestured in front.

Me?

I gazed at him in surprise but then nodded and circled around the others to arrive in front.

As I got closer to the exit, I saw huge feet.

Huge, green, and disgusting feet.

I sighed.

'They sure like to give me the big ones.'

Nevertheless, I smiled.

'Time to go big!'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HI HI! Bill here, your fourth wall breaker to give you the details of our world!

Unlike zombie movies where the characters have to fight rotting flesh, in our reality, we also have to fight rotting flesh.

Rotting flesh with superpowers.

But zombies are not the only things we have to fight.

Evolved plants, evolved animals, evolved insects and even evolved weather are what we constantly have to fight.

The zombie virus messed everything up causing everyone to evolve and adapt to the new changes.

If you don't evolve, you die! As simple as that.

Now you must be wondering, 'What's a battle arena?'

Something that is yet again different from the usual zombie movies I watched.

Here, there are battle arenas or 'dungeons' in gamer terms. They appear out of nowhere but there are rumors that it's someone's ability that spawns these battle arenas.

What benefits does this give them? Don't know, but the most popular reason is that the ability user likes to watch battles and reward them based on performance.

An infamous battle mania is what they describe them.

Anyways! Your opponents in the battle arena are either, people, animals, plants, or zombies.

There are two ways on how to get into the arena and how to determine your opponent.

Find the two entrances in a battle arena and you have to battle the one that came from the other entrance.

or

You get teleported.

Scattered in the world are teleportation arrays that teleport you to a certain battle arena. No one can escape until you battle someone and win. Only then can you leave.