Chapter 119: UA Sports festival

Chapter 119: UA Sports Festival
Author: Geraint
A/N: To support me, pls donate and subscribe,
Paypal: paypal.me/Geraint124x
Patreon: patreon.com/Geraint124x
YouTube channel: Geraint Ch.
________________________

U.A. Sports Festival, an annual event held by U.A. High School where students from all grades and courses have the opportunity to showcase their abilities in different competitions in order to be scouted by Pro Heroes and support agencies.

After two weeks of preparation, the day of sports festival has come. Security has been beefed up heavily and the Sports Festival is being broadcast live. In the Class 1-S waiting room, Ichika was sitting together with Roboco and Himiko. Hitoshi Shinso who was waiting with them spoke when he noticed that Ichika was wearing his weights.

"Are you gonna participate with that heavy thing?" he pointed.

"Yeah, it's a handicap I made for myself. It's kind of unfair for a pro hero like me to participate in this kind of event. In the place, I supposed to be with the audience since I need a recruit for my hero agency that was just reopened."

"I see..."

"How about working for me, Shinso?"

"I want to be recruited because of my skills, not through connections."

"Hahaha! Nice one! That's a promising hero should be! You kinda remind me of Eraserhead."

After that, Class 1-S walks out to the Freshmen Stage. The U.A. Sports Festival has now begun.

The other freshmen classes also walk out. The Chief Referee for the Freshmen Stage of U.A.'s Sports Festival, Midnight, asked for the player representative who is Katsuki Bakugo to come towards the stage. Katsuki went to the stage and told Midnight he will place first, causing the other classes to rebuke him. Izuku noted that Katsuki is being serious about his declaration, though at the same time making the rest of Class 1-A targets for the other classes except Ichika's class.

Midnight announced the preliminaries of the Sports Festival. She revealed the first event to be the Obstacle Race, a nearly 4 km race around the stadium.

Ichika glanced at the audience and he found Mirko sitting with Ryukyu. He waved at them and only Ryukyu waved back at him. Mirko looked embarrassed while acting coldly to him.

The Obstacle Race started and Izuku found trouble in securing a place in the race. Shoto Todoroki made his move by freezing the ground causing dozens of students to become stuck in ice and skids himself into first place.

While all the freshman already passed the starting line, Ichika stayed last and he just casually walked on the race. All the Pro Heroes watching in the stadium became pissed off, seeing him not taking the event seriously.

"Oh, I promised Inko-san and Mitsuki to take on this event for them."

Ichika remembered something and he took out a device from the void he opened.

*Boom!* *Boom!* *Boom!*

Izuku is confronted by some Villain Robots, deciding that now is the time to put his head to use, no longer shaking in fear unlike in the Entrance Exam. Izuku dodged a robot's attack, then picked up a piece of metal and waited for the robot to approach him. As the robot got the momentum, Izuku sliced its head off with the metal, not wanting to use her Quirk so early in the first phase. Izuku decided to keep the metal as a shield and ran ahead as the students start going past the Villain Robots onto the next obstacle.

The Obstacle Race entered its second stage. The Fall, a canyon that must be trekked by walking on ropes. Meanwhile, Shoto who is in the lead has already finished trekking across The Fall and goes to the final obstacle, a The Land Mine Field. Many students started crossing the Fall with Katsuki catching up to Shoto and Izuku nearly finished crossing it. The lead Shoto has started diminishing due to him having to carefully cross the Land Mine Field. Katsuki, because he is unaffected by Explosions, blasts himself towards Shoto, thus gaining the lead. Shoto and Katsuki start having a brief scuffle for the lead.

The Obstacle Race has entered its final stage with Izuku having reached the final stage. Realizing that the leaders in the race are too far away to catch up on foot, Izuku hatched an idea. She placed herself onto the metal shield and detonates a land mine, causing her to blast herself into the lead.

Katsuki and Shoto stopped fighting one another and immediately ran to catch up to Izuku and almost overtake her. However, as Izuku began to lose momentum, she used the metal sheet and slammed it on the ground, setting off several mines and blowing dust into Katsuki and Shoto, forcing them to stop.

Izuku ran ahead to the finish line but suddenly, she stumbled down when she felt a painful sensation on her left ankle.

"Ugh... No, not like this!"

"Deku!"

When she heard Bakugou's voice from behind, she quickly stood up and endure the pain. She ran  forward with all her might as tears fell from her eyes from pain.

"I won't lose to this!"

As she goes near the crossing line, Bakugou and Shouto catched up with her on her both side.

"No!"

Izuku loses her hope as she watches Bakugou and Shoto slowly taking over her when she noticed someone overtaking them on their side.

"Huh?"

It was Ichika carrying a large camera on his right shoulder while running ahead of them.

"I must capture this in 128k HD. Look here, Kacchan! Deku-chan!"

"Eh?!"

They were completely shock that Ichika was able passed them while carrying something heavy.

"Those two big thing on your chest looks heavy. No wonder, they were able to catch up with you." Ichika pointed.

Bakugou and Shoto glanced at Izuku's chest which is bouncing from physics while running.

"Ah."

Their nose bled as they slowed down a little which made Izuku ahead of them.

Ichika crossed the finished line first, followed by Izuku as second. Shoto crossed the finish line, placing third then Katsuki crossed the finish line, placing fourth. Soon, the other students cross the finish line.

Izuku's cheek twitched, seeing Ichika became the first.

"Hahaha! You still have a lot of hardwork to do before you can overtake me, Deku-chan!"

"Ichika-kun..." she was speechless.

On the other side, Bakugou and Shoto looks frustrated from failing to take the first position.

The two of them glared at Ichika,

"Damn you, Ichika!"

"Falcon!"

"Hahahaha!"

Ichika just laughed it off.

(To be continued.)

(A/N: I'll fix my mistakes later.)