c h a p t e r 9

Chapter 9

Genesis looks at herself in the mirror. The Bordeaux red dress compliments the pale skin and dark hair well. She pushes her leg forward, and the contrast between her leg and the dark red dress instantly takes over. The slit in the dress gives the elegant dress that little sexy hint that she wants. It'll catch the eyes of everyone it needs to considering this is the first time she and Gael are going to have a public event together since the wedding and everybody needs to know how well they're doing.

It hasn't even been 24 hours since she decided to stop talking to him about her personal life and start a professional relationship with him, but so far it's been great. Instead of waiting for him to ask things, she just announced them before he had the chance to.

It works.

"Ness, we have to go." Gael still used the nickname, and she loved it. "I'm coming," Genesis answers. Gael smiles to himself at the knowledge that she's on time and that everything for his event was handled perfectly. She nailed it.

The door opens, revealing his wife. Her hair is in perfect waves down her back, using clips to not make a single hair fall down her face. Her dress is dark red, and her leg is exposed because of the slit in her dress. The dark red fabric complimented her skin fantastically and her entire look is the perfect amount of classy.

It was a huge contrast to the sweatpants she had worn earlier when helping the vendors set up everything for the party. Her hair was in a messy bun, her face still green from the face mask that was supposed to 'brighten her skin', and a messy shirt covering her upper body.

Gael watched the girl run around, commanding everyone in her comfortable outfit. He had never seen his mother organize things wearing that, but the people setting everything up seemed to feel comfortable around her.

He doesn't realize that he's staring at her, but when her face transforms into a smirk, he instantly breaks his gaze. "So I'm guessing I look fantastic?" Genesis instantly ruins it by striking a funny pose, but Gael still chuckles and he offers her his arm. "Yes, you do," he answers truthfully. Genesis pauses –

A blush creeps on her cheeks, and she's praying that her full coverage foundation also covers the creeping blush. Gael still notices, but he knows she's trying to hide it so he won't say anything about it to make her feel worse.

"We make a good team," he says, "The whole professional thing was a good idea of yours." Genesis hooks her arm in his and she glances up at him. "Let's make an entrance, husband," she mumbles. Without her around, Gael's had the time to actually think about Ginny and she's actually not been as bad as he expected.

Sure she came in inexperienced, but the girl is a fast learner and she's proven that within the two weeks that they were married. "I asked my parents to be here, but they couldn't make it," she answers.

"How's your mother?"

"She's doing well, better than before," she answers. Gael looks down at her, then back in the hallway. He helps her down the stairs quietly, not wanting to bring her into a bad mood before joining a party. If there's one thing millionaires and businessmen caught up on, it's when a wife is unhappy.

Even if she seems unhappy, they'll jump on it like predators. Especially since they're still newlyweds, all eyes will be on them. "Remember the deal, be vague unless the other is around," Genesis reminds him. "No hinting that you're unhappy," Gael adds to that. Genesis looks up at him and she furrows her eyebrows.

"They're really going to try and get that out of me?" Genesis asks, she places her hand on hers, now holding onto his arm with both of hers. "And me," Gael answers. He opens the door to the back, revealing the decorated backyard and his face transforms into a smile. "You pulled it off, Ness," he says.