C h a p t e r 7

Chapter 7

Gael picks up his jacket and then he walks into his study room. Genesis and Holly are working there to finish up the party, he doesn't interrupt them but he does like seeing his coworker guiding Ginny the way she does. It's why he asked Holly to do it, nobody else.

He was only home for lunch break and to drop off Holly. He didn't stay long and left soon after.

"Good luck at work," Genesis speaks up, her eyes are fixated on him. "Thank you," he says, "Good luck to you both too." He backs out of the room and pulls the door shut. "Is he that blank when you guys are in private?" Ginny's eyes shoot towards Holly, whose face is transformed into a dirty smirk.

She may be against lying, but she will lie to make sure Gael keeps the work relationships that he has. Genesis is more than aware that he asked for this just as much as she did, for him he even found out later. She had the privilege of knowing what was supposed to happen with her life, even if she didn't want it. Gael only found out later and his future plans got tossed around and fucked over.

"I don't think talking about my marriage to him and our personal life is something he'll appreciate during work hours, don't you think, Holly?" Genesis glances over at Holly. She knows that even between the lines, that's a threat. Holly takes her bottom lip between her teeth and she looks back at the paper.

Genesis turns back to figuring out what still has to be organized. It's just the details, the biggest things are already planned. Holly fixes the final things before she gets ready to go to the office. "You'll take care of the invites?" Ginny asks, making sure that Holly's going to make sure that people actually show up.

She quickly shoots Gael a text that they finished organizing the party and then she puts her phone away. "Can I ask you something?" Holly asks and she walks towards Ginny, "What did you do to win him over?"

Genesis looks at her and then she takes a deep breath. "Why don't you ask Gael?"

"He's the CEO, I can't ask him about his love life?"

"Then why do you ask his wife?" She glances at Holly and then she gathers the papers around, leaving them tidied on one of the desks. She can't tell Holly lies, not without discussing the hypothetical story with Gael. "I can tell why he fell in love with you, you have the same fire he has," she says, a smirk across her face.

Genesis bites her lip and she looks around the room, trying to find something to focus on instead of Holly. "So how was the honeymoon?" Holly's tone stays light and casual. "If Gael didn't say anything about it, then neither will I," Genesis says.

"The man just said it was fun," Holly replies, the smile fades with every word she says. "And it was," Ginny says and she looks over at the girl, "It's kind of disrespectful to pry into your CEO's life by asking his wife." Genesis instantly shuts down the conversation with that statement.

But it still makes her uncomfortable.

Holly picks up her stuff and she walks to the front door. Genesis is right behind her. "It was nice to organize this with you, Holly," Ginny says, "I hope we can work together more."

"It was nice to meet you," Holly says, "I hope that too." The woman leaves the room and Genesis instantly backs into the room. She curses under her breath and walks into the kitchen. The house is instantly very quiet and the questions Holly asked her echo in her mind.