c h a p t e r 2

Chapter 2

Heaven. A 6-letter word that somehow describes Ginny's new bed perfectly. The girl opens her eyes and she instantly closes them again, the pain of the sunlight reflecting on the white walls around her. It takes her a second to remember what happened and to remember the fact that her husband assigned her a room as if she was a guest, not a wife.

She gets out of her bed and drags herself to the other side of the room. There were two sets of doors that she hasn't looked in yet, she was exhausted. The girl went to her bed and fell asleep instantly, the blankets felt heavy on her body and she was out within a second.

She pulls open the two doors, revealing the massive bathroom behind them. The walls and floor are so shiny that she can see her own reflection in them when she steps on them. There's a bathtub and a shower. The shower is separated from the rest with a glass wall.

There's another switch on the wall that's not the lights, so when she flips it, a faint ventilator sound fills the room. It's quiet enough for the water stream to completely block out the sound.

Genesis walks through the room, exploring the cabinets and the closet. They're all filled with products that she doesn't use on a regular basis, they're way too expensive for her to buy. These products aren't even sold at the Target she usually did her groceries at. Her lips thin and she gets out of the bathroom, ready to look at the heaven that is behind the second pair of doors.

Her wardrobe. The room that serves as her closet is filled with clothing. Her hands quickly wrap around the hangers, separating them so she can get a better look at the clothes.

'Gucci'

She instantly pulls her hands to herself and she looks at the next dress. 'Chanel.' How much money does this guy have – how much money does she have now? As if the mansion doesn't already give a hint of their now shared fortune, it's still surreal to her.

Ginny hurries out of the wardrobe, the clothes are more expensive than anything she could've ever paid for with a barista job and she could never think those match who she is as a person. Her own clothes aren't even at this house yet and she's not entirely sure what she's about to wear.

For some reason, it feels inappropriate to wear an oversized shirt and go downstairs. Her eyes land on the wardrobe doors again. Genesis takes a deep breath before swinging open the doors and disappearing into the big room, she digs through the different pairs of jeans and she finds light-colored, high-waisted jeans.

Then she picks out one of the pink satin blouses and she wears that over it. The outfit looks light and summery but for some reason, she still feels sophisticated. She unbuttons the lowest button and then tucks one side into her jeans.

Then she slips on some relaxed sneakers and she walks out. She opens the door and looks around – the house looks different with this light. She walks down to the kitchen, the sound of something frying in a pan, and when she walks into the kitchen, she finds her husband cooking something.

He's already dressed in a suit, a bit more casual than his wedding suit yesterday, but still fancy enough for Ginny to know that he's leaving.

"Hey," she says. A shiver shoots down Gael's spine, he forgot he wasn't alone in the house anymore, he obviously didn't forget he was married but he hadn't realized that his wife would now be able to walk in and out of his kitchen whenever she liked. "Morning," he answers, his voice is still hoarse. He looks over at her, taking in the outfit that she's wearing. "I see you found your new clothes," he says and he focuses back on the bacon in the pan, "I hope you liked it."

ISOLATEDOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara