Cassie grumbled at him. "She sounds awful. Are you building to a question, Niklaus?"

He pauses glancing in my direction where we both shared the same confusion on our faces. That was the second time she had called him by his full name which was strange. "You use my full name, as though we are familiars. I find it insulting. Before she deed, a witch revealed that your coven was under my mother's influence. Does she speak to you now?"

Cassie smiles back. "She doesn't have to - I know exactly what she would say. She would tell you to go to your room for being so rude."

Nik loses his temper and slams his hand over Cassie's, and stares Cassie in the eye before some wolves were already waiting outside the open doors. "It's okay. Niklaus and Raelyn were just leaving."

Nik growled still angry. "I will happily kill them all!"

Cassie warned him. "Then, you will have murder members of the very pack you still hope to someday lead. Besides, there's no need for bloodshed. We can always resume this discussion another day. Goodnight, Niklaus. We will speak again soon."

Spinning on my feet I followed my boyfriend until Cassie grabbed my arm holding me back for a brief moment. "Raelyn, you must know that children are a gift. But some aren't meant to have as much power as yours would have if they had survived." She released my arm disappearing back into her space.

We vamped back to the compound seeing Elijah was waiting for us. Slumping down in a chair at one of the tables I eyed my husband. "Why would she say something like that? I mean...it can't possibly be..."

"It is worse than we thought." Nik breaks the neck off of a bottle of wine. "I met the witch, Cassie. I studied her, her presence, the way she carried herself. The fervor with which she voice her hatred of our kind. I looked into that girl's eyes, and, I swear to you, Elijah, she's just just guided by our mother. She is our mother."

Elijah stood stunned. "What is happening?"

Klaus snarled through his bared teeth. "I'm going to kill her. I will boil her bones and feed them to the dogs, if that's what it takes."

Elijah tries to interrupt him. "Niklaus -"

"What? What could possibly be more important than the return of our mother?" Nik raised his tone towards his brother throwing his hands up after sitting down his bottle of beer on the table beside me.

Elijah immediately declared towards him. "...Our father. I saw him standing there in the flesh, as you do now. He was enslaved with some spell cast by Davina. He holds the stake. If she chooses to release him..."

"Wait what..." Flipping my hair around my shoulders when I completely spin around in my chair scared that he was telling the truth. That if Esther and Mikael were back that meant our lives were in more danger than we had ever faced in our lives at the moment. "You're joking right. Please tell me that you are kidding me..cause their is no way that he's alive. Nik, shoved the white oak into his heart. Esther, was stabbed by Alaric."

"But in this life. Dead doesn't ever truly mean dead, Raelyn." He trailed off eyeing the hybrid.

Nik huffed slumping his shoulders in determination. "Well, then there's only one question we need to ask, isn't there? Which of our parents do we kill first?"

"I'd say Esther since she is coming after our children. She's draining us with every moonlight ring she creates after the next." Immediately responding to his response I didn't hesitate to wait for his brother's reply.

Nik rested his hands on the back of my chair where our eyes meet and remained fixed on each side deeply. "As much as I would like to agree with you that my mother is first. We have to remember that Mikael has the stake that can kill everyone in my sire line." He dropped down on his knees beside my chair resting a hand to my cheek. "Including you now, Rae."

"Nik, I don't want to be afraid anymore. That's what I adore about being a heretic." Placing my hand on his shoulder I vamped upstairs away from the pair. Slamming the door shut with magic I flopped down on the bed throwing my hair around in a mess.

Someone knocked on the door slowly entering the room where I lifted myself up seeing Nik coming over and sitting down beside me. "You have nothing to fear, my siphon queen."

"If we don't kill him or manage to get the stake then our daughters will grow up without their parents forever." Sitting upright I hugged my knees to my chest fearing the worst if we didn't stop him.

Nik turned my chin so I'd look him in the eye with his thumb and index finger. "Hey, you will have nothing to fear. We will defeat him together. As always we promised, together forever."

Nodding my head I laid my head against his chest gasping sharply suddenly when someone entered my mind. "Nik ah!"

Frantically looking around I was inside a small hut where I headed for the door not seeing Nik anyway. Kicking it opened I was left in the middle of the woods not recognizing anywhere I was at. There was the sound of roost coming my direction where I shoved my fangs seeing there was a woman with dark brown hair and dark eyes. "I have been wondering when I would get to meet you, Raelyn Lane."

"Who the heck are you and how do you know my name? Where are we?" I spat questions off the tip of my tongue becoming completely paranoid on what exactly was going on.

The strange woman came towards me and raised her hands from her sides. "My name is Dahlia. My sister was named Esther. I assume you already know about her. As for how I know you, my magic allows me to sense the powerful witch magic of another."

"You wouldn't be the first witch to sense other witches' magic. But that doesn't answer all my questions. So I suggest you start talking before I rip you." I growled clutching my hands into fists.

Dahlias smirked at me. "Ah you've got quite a temper to go with your power. I must say your daughter will be troubled when she inherits that from you. Alongside that hybrid you claim to love. She will be more dangerous than you ever imagined."

"I don't know what you're talking about. My daughter is dead." I lied through my teeth knowing that no one could know she was alive along with her sisters.

Dahlia stomped forward getting in my face before I got knocked out. "I'll be coming for her soon enough."

Grabbing my head I sat upright on the bed seeing that Nik was hovering above me with pure panic scattered across his face. "Rae...thank god. What happened..you were fine and then you passed out in my arms."

"I...I have no idea. I woke up in the middle of the woods with a strange woman who said her name was Dahlia. And she...she knows about one of our daughters. She can sense her magic, Nik." Running my fingers through my hair, my chest was heaving up and down.

His blue eyes scanned over me not seeing anything hurting me now. He pulls me into his chest wrapping his arms around me. "Then I'll call Rebekah and have her find another witch. We will go visit your father and check on the twins. We won't let anyone come after any of them." Pressing my head against his heart I didn't want anyone to harm my children.

Comments really appreciated ❤️

Melvia-ito