Divided Paths (End of Prologue)

"Chloe's avatar will enter an indefinite unconscious suspended state," I explained.

"In other words," Chloe clarified. "I won't be able to control this avatar until its life force is replenished. And it won't happen automatically."

Milim, grasping the gravity of the situation, chimed in. "I see where this is going. So that's why I have the option of crafting that item. Display - Forge."

A blue screen materialized before Milim, showcasing all the items available for her to craft. She selected one and enlarged its display for everyone to see. —

"Yes," I affirmed. "You've got it right. That item is our solution."

Milim's Rare job class, Perfect Creator, granted her the ability to craft an extensive range of items. Potions, weapons, armour, and gacha items with various abilities and functionalities you name it. In fact, it won't be an exaggeration to say that Milim could craft almost anything imaginable, as long as she has the raw materials for it. The primary requirement for crafting these items was gold, with many being craftable simply by possessing enough of it. In other words, Milim's strength is directly tied to her wealth, although some items require special materials in addition to gold. For example-

"The Elixir of life," Milim stated. "It requires 10 Million gold in addition to Holy Divine Water." 

Holy Divine water? Is it different from ordinary holy water? I wonder.

"I should get started with the spell," interjected Chloe. "The longer we wait, the more difficult it will be for me to revive it. Milim, please give me that piece." 

"Of course," Milim handed over the broken piece of egg to Chloe. "Please take care," she added, a touch of worry in her voice. 

"Don't worry, Milim," Chloe reassured her. "It will be fine. Your friend will be back before you know it."

"And we will return with the elixir to revive you before you know it as well," declared Milim, a confident smile spread across her lips. 

"Of course. I am counting on you."

With that, Chloe activated her spell. We watched in anticipation as time rewound on the egg. In a matter of seconds, it stood tall and unscathed, fully restored to its original state before being destroyed.

"Y-you're back!" Tears welled up in Milim's eyes once again as she embraced the egg, which was larger than herself. The room fell into a profound silence as the two finally reunited. 

Is she already talking to it? It seems so. I'd like to allow her to take her time, but...

"Hey, Milim," I called out, interrupting the emotional moment. "Sorry to interrupt you but let's complete our task first. Your skill should also be able to detect the location of the raw materials, so we can easily find this Holy Diving water or whatever."

Gold wasn't an issue; there were countless ways to acquire it, including raiding the kingdom's treasury. 

"Yes, of course," responded Milim. "Detect Item," 

A vibrant flash of green light emanated from Milim and extended in all directions like a wave. It will likely cover the entire planet. Before us, a green holographic map of the whole world materialized. It displayed the area covered by the light. 

Searching... Searching... Searching...

We waited patiently as the loading bar progressed over the map. After a few minutes, a message appeared before us. 

Search results: None. 

"...."

"So it's not going to be that easy..." Milim sighed.