The Mysterious Hut

In the midst of unknown woods, a secluded wooden hut stood on top of a tiny hill, capturing the curiosity of any passerby. From a distance, it appeared like an ordinary hut, blending with the natural surroundings. However, upon closer inspection, its mysterious aura became evident.

Through the window, one could catch a glimpse of an old woman stirring something in a large, earthen pot. The miasma emanating from the shiny golden liquid that brewed in the container shouted 'I am a deadly poison,' contrary to its appearance. 

"What a beautiful day~"

She sang, she danced, and she spun around, engrossed in her task. Perhaps, this was her way of enjoying herself through the evening, before the approaching dusk cast an impending gloom over the woods. 

Suddenly, there was a gentle knock on the door. 

"Is anyone there?" a voice echoed through the silent, lonely woods. "We seem to have lost our way in the forest and would be very thankful if you lend us someplace to spend the night," the voice asked politely. One could feel the innocence and genuine plea for help in the voice. It waited in anticipation for an answer, but there was no reply. 

"Looks like this hut is abandoned," remarked a sturdy, blonde man carrying a longsword. He attempted to push the door open, but it didn't budge. "Shall we break in and make it our spot for the night?" he proposed.

The silver-haired woman, dressed in an attire of a mage and wielding a staff, contemplated the situation. "I don't see a problem," she agreed, her gaze fixed on the gathering storm clouds overhead. "Clouds have started to form and it may rain soon, so we need a place to stay as soon as possible," she added. 

"Wait," interjected a short guy wearing glasses. "This place seems too well-kept to be abandoned. The person living here must have gone out temporarily. We should wait."

"Gone out at this hour, when it is about to get dark? I don't believe it, Mark," argued the blond man. "No one in their right mind would venture into these scary woods after nightfall." He took a step back, prepared to strike down the door with his sword. 

"Hey, listen to me," urged Mark. "What if they just slept early and didn't hear our knock? We should call out for them once again."

"Fine," the blond guy named Arnold gave in. "Do as you wish." He sheathed his sword and moved back.

"Hello? Is anyone there?" shouted Mark. 

...

Still nothing.  

"Are you satisfied yet?" taunted Arnold.

"...Fine," Mark sighed, accepting defeat. "Let us break in then."

"Now you are talking!" Arnold exclaimed. He drew out his sword and charged towards the door. "Annnnd slash!" 

*thud*

"Ugh!"

Before the sword made contact with the wood, the door swung open abruptly. Arnold, caught off-guard, stumbled and fell on the ground, landing with a thud. As he regained his composure, a mysterious old woman stood before him. 

"Visitors," the old woman muttered, looking down at the guy. "For what purpose have you come to this old lady's abode?" she inquired, her voice barely above a whisper. 

"Oh, hello there," greeted the silver-haired girl. "We apologize for the commotion. We mistook this hut to be abandoned," she bowed, clutching her staff.

"No need to apologize," replied the old woman, her gaze sweeping over each member of the group. "It is rare to encounter young adventurers in this secluded place. The woods become dangerous at night, teeming with predators."