The Little Girl

Long ago, before the arrival of even the Six Great Gods and the Eleven Greed Kings, there existed a hero of incomprehensible power. His name was Salvador.

He was a great hero, highly influential and talented, possessed great Clairvoyance and Future sight powers along with countless other skills. During his time, there was no one capable of matching him. Alas due to having future sight he had complete control over his fate as he could simply kill his enemies before they were even born. But he was arrogant. He wanted to keep ruling everything forever. 

In his arrogance and ignorance he decided to see the future till the end of time. He wanted to make sure that his rule lasts forever and so he gathered every ounce of his strength and casted a great Future sight spell that reached till the end of time. But the result was disastrous. It is said that what he saw was beyond description. He was so lost in wonder, awe, and fear that he died after he finished seeing the future.

His last words before dying were - "I was too arrogant to think I was strong. There are beings in this existence whose powers can't even be fathomed. Especially that one. We are but just a mere fraction of his creation. Prepare for it my followers. A thousand years from now, that great being is going to bless you with his visit to this lowly realm. Fear him and revere him, for he is the one who can grant you salvation"

"Since then for a thousand years we, the followers of the hero Salvador, have kept ourselves hidden waiting for this day. Many fake gods came in this world in that period, like the 6 Gods of the Slane Theocracy and the 8 Greed Kings, but we kept on struggling to survive. Unfortunately the rest of them perished along the way and I am the only one who has managed to make it. Please lord, I beg you! Grant this world salvation from the evil players" explained the old man 

......

"It is well and all but, we didn't come here with the motive of doing any such thing. Sorry to break it to you but I created this world simply for our enjoyment, and plan to get rid of it once we are done with it" 

As soon as I said that, the expression on the old man's face changed. It was as if his whole was falling apart right in front of his eyes. With those pleading eyes he looked at me.

"Hey Rimuru, you can at least skip out on destroying the world right? Just let them stay till the end" said Chloe.

Upon hearing those words, the old man got hope. He started staring at me again.

"Well fine I guess. I will simply add it in my collection then"

As soon as I said that, the old man's face lit up.

"Thank you for showing mercy upon this world my lord! Please you can do as you like. I would be glad to help you out in any way possible"

"I would appreciate it if you keep quiet about this and go back into hiding for now. We want to enjoy our stay without disturbances"

"As you wish my lord"

*

"So this is the world of Overlord? It seems kinda dark and gloomy" said Chloe.

"Yeah this world is kinda messed up in that regard. The human race has been on the brink of extinction multiple times and are at the bottom of the food chain here. Needless to say they are very weak and pathetic compared to all the superior races, especially the players of Yggdrasil and the NPCs" I explained.

A few hours later, after the three of them designed their avatars- (The details will be explored in the next chapter)

"Wahahaha Lets start our adventure and pick up some fights already. I want to test the limit of my newly designed avatar!" said Milim.

*

My name is Ainz and today I am out here in E-Rantal, with my partner Nabe, to register as an adventurer so that I can learn more about this world. 

Neither me nor Nabe can read the language of this world. What do I do now?  Were the thoughts running in my mind as I looked at the board full with quests. 

Whatever. Just pick a random one and-

"Your rank is too low to accept that quest" said the reception lady.

Ah shi-

"Ahem. I know that already. You see we are very strong. My partner is a lv 3 magic caster and I am a warrior on her lev-"

"Rules are rules" said the lady sternly, I can say almost rudely.

"Fine. Just give us the highest quest we can do" I said, putting my hand on Nabe's shoulder to stop her from burning the lady in front of me to a crisp.

Still though. I didn't think the receptionist would be so rude to new adventurers. I thought they would be more on the friendlier side.

"Here. Also forgive my rudeness from earlier. Its just that there was another adventurer registered today before you demanding to take on a Platinum quest even though she was just a copper plate registered today and I had to spend a good amount of time arguing with her.... ugh. Annoying kids these days thinking they can do whatever they want!" 

"Its fine I understand your situation. So what kind of adventurer was that? Was she strong?"

"It was just an annoying kid with pink hair giving a tantrum to be honest. She was dead set on taking a quest she found 'interesting' and refused to listen to anybody at all. Even her parents were helpless against her for a while. I pity those poor parents who have to deal with such a nuisance on a daily basis. Even though I question their sanity for bringing a child on a quest in the first place..." said the receptionist with a sigh.

Huh? That's a rather interesting case. For now I will just take a note of this.

"I see. That is sad indeed. Those people should have taught their child properly. I will give them an earful in your place if I meet them"

"That's very kind of you, but that was actually quite a lovely couple. The mother was a sweet and kind hearted girl and the father was calm and composed who seemed like he cared about his family a lot. Still though why would they take their child on such a dangerous quest...." 

 The reception lady said with her left hand on her chin, seemingly mumbling to herself. Then she told us about the quest given to us.

 "Huh.." A whisper escaped my non-existent lips.

This'll be interesting.

Author's note: This is dedicated to a friend who left my server recently. Gonna miss you dude.

The chapters will be released weekly.

As always, share your thoughts on the chapter in the comments and upvote if you liked the chapter. If you are interested in chatting with me you can join my discord. Link is in the profile. Thanks for reading.