Chp 12

a/n - IM BACK , shortest chapter in the world since im starting up writing again . please forgive me but please enjoy the lil chapter.

'' dismissed .''
Ghost said and the other soldiers went back to their meals and you walked in hesitantly near a line. The smell of food filled the air along with chatter from the others and you wondered why they weren't eating MRES but you didn't question it .

Ghost handed you a beige sort of food tray and you took it in your grasp and followed him and stood in line behind other soldiers waiting to get their food. You waited feeling antsy in your spot and you saw other soldiers looking at you and whispering to each other , this made you feel more uncomfortable than the whole room and you looked up at ghost for reassurance .

Ghost gave you a little nod of reassurance as you headed and stood on line for food. Waiting patiently yet weary you finally had gotten some food that consist of a vegetable, some chicken and mashed potatoes. As you got your food you followed ghost and sat down at an empty table.
You sniffed your food hesitantly and you took a bite of your food realizing it wasn't so bad.

Ghost looked up at you to see you eating and he had a look of relief in his eyes. He knows it's been rough for you but he doesn't know what it was and he had hoped many many times to find out very soon. As chatter continued to fill the room you sat in silence and ate . ghost kept watch over you as you did so and glared at anyone who looked your way. Whispers could be heard from other recruits and ghost stared them down if he heard your name mentioned.

Ghost thought about convincing Price to take you on an easy mission but he knew the dangers that came with it but didn't want to get you hurt but he also didn't like leaving you alone caged up like a dog throughout the day. He noticed that you had personality but grew very quiet when unsure or weary.

He hoped that you would trust the others more and he knew that a good friendship would spark but he didn't like that soap would now tease him saying things like '' oh where's your daughter ''
Or '' where's your rug rat.'' . ghost hated it but deep down he didn't mind it at all. He would always scold soap regardless of it though he would never admit anything that he didn't mind.

You finished eating and looked up at ghost and gave a small smile.
'' well foods pretty good.''
You said as you picked up your tray.
'' i see that .''
Ghost replied back quietly as he sat up from the table with you and headed to put the tray in the trash and he walked with you throughout the hallways an decided to tell you about the upcoming mission.

'' y/n..''
He started and you looked up at him and tilted your head.
'' yeah ?...''
You waited for an answer with a puzzled expression splayed across your face.
'' me and the team are going to be going on a mission.''
He said and you face dropped a little.
'' but you just-
'' i know we just came back from a mission not too long ago.''
He cut you off.
'' but i was thinking maybe i would be able to take you but i had too scratch that off the list so i've decided while we are away you can either stay in rec room or you can train with the cadets.''
He said as you both reached the rec room.

'' uh okay ...i guess . i'll train with them but ill leave when i feel like it.''
You say as you walked into the rec room first as ghost followed behind you .
Ghost nodded  and the others turned to see you and you gave a small wave and sat in the corner of the couch thinking about what ghost had said.

'' ill be back , don't do nothing stupid .''
Ghost said , breaking you from your thoughts and you gave a nod as you watched him walk off.

For more days to come the others follow but the more knowledge you get the more that shows and the more wallows .