Chp 11

You sat with ghost on the floor sitting against the wall and you drank some of the water ghost had given you and you gave him a little smile and he turned his head towards you with creases in his eyes indicating he was smiling as well.
'' you did better than i thought you would .''
Ghost said and you raised a brow at him.
'' so you doubted me ?.''
You smirked at him as you screwed the cap back on your water bottle feeling the cool air hit your sweaty body.

'' just a little .''
He chuckled as you hit him in the shoulder playfully.
'' y/n what do you do when you go to a new place and meet people.''
He asked randomly and you looked up at him.
'' you beat the biggest one in the yard .''
You said simply.
'' y/n thats prison .''
He replied.

You let off a little grin and you sat in silence for a moment.
You'd never had a real role model in your life but now you did. You thought of ghost as your role model , he was caring and most of all like a parent to you . a parent that you never had. Ghost would never raise his hands towards you in any way unless it was for training and close combat.
He'd never raise his voice towards you either .

He still wanted to know who and what hurt you to make you so on edge. He really wanted to know but he also didn't want to push you to tell him or make you uncomfortable by doing so.
'' after you shower we can head to chow how to get some food.''
Ghost acknowledged , he knew you hadn't eaten a lot but he still wanted to make sure you were well fed and not really hungry.

'' whats chow hall ?.''
You replied confused to his words.
'' kinda like a food cafeteria , like the ones in schools just filled with adults .''
He explained carefully and you nodded along listening intently .
The only cafeterias you've been to were the ones in school and such and you rarely stayed in them because of bullying. Many had pushed , punched and picked on you often which had taken a toll on you and you tended  to eat in the bathroom often alone.

You thought back to the times at school and you shuttered a little but then remembered that you werent there anymore and that you were safe with ghost for now. You thought back to life in the cafeteria and you let off a huff and looked at him.
'' if anyone bothers me i will not hesitate to make a bitch lose their abilities to have kids .''
You said in a promising tone.
'' i bet you will.''
Ghost let out a chuckle.

You stood up after a moment and Ghost walked you back to your room to let you shower and be but he waited for you outside the hallway slouched against the wall closing his eyes resting them. As you had gotten into the shower you felt the cool sensation of the water trickle down your body. You let off a smile as you grabbed the soap and felt the coolness against your skin.

You washed your arms and such along with your armpits and all the other places you're supposed to wash but you just thought for a moment. Why was ghost so nice to you ? you didn't understand it but you also didn't mind it but it did make you question a little . you were so used to the abuse that you had forgotten what it felt like to be cared for.

******

You put on your sneakers and fixed your sweatpants along with the comfy hoodie that you wore and you stepped out of your room to see ghost sitting with his back against the wall and you looked down at him.
'' you waited ?.''
You asked confused about his presence.
'' yeh , i don't expect you to go alone if that's what you thought .''
He replied as he stood up brushing himself off.
This time wearing a simple black uniform.

'' so eh ...there's gonna be people their ?.''
You asked sheepishly .
'' no shit .''
He said and you let off a little laugh.

As you fixed yourself a little more you walked down the busy hallway seeing other soldiers working and you were still uneasy about  everything. As you made your way down the hallway you finally made your way down to your destination. You walked in the cafeteria hesitantly and all eyes were now on you , the room going quiet.

Ghost stared them all down leaving some of them looking weary and just as uneasy as you and then there lied the very few people who didn't give a shit and went on with their day.
'' oi listen up rookies !.''
Ghosts' deep voices bellowed throughout the cafeteria leaving people a little shaken at their lieutenants' presents .

'' this is y/n , bother her and you'll be hearing from me . any complaints from her and your in for it.''
He spoke , his tone deep and cold causing you to wonder how he could be the way he was.
Being with a bunch or rugged military men wasn't your idea yet here you lie in the middle of a cafeteria with them  .