𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 1

Minho hated days like this

Minho hated days like this. On days like these he wanted to just stare at the sky and not care about the world. Something was bothering him and he didn't know what it was. Something pulled at him in the back of his head.

"Lee. Min. Ho.", a shrill sharp voice brought him down to earth again, "I'm gonna start thinking that you're dating the sky at this point"

This was Cho Miyeon, one of the" Queencards" of the school. She was popular, smart and talented. She was like one of those one-dimensional popular girl characters in teen movies. Every boy in school wanted to date her, and were endlessly jealous when they saw that Miyeon had picked Minho to be her boyfriend.

He didn't know what she saw in him but apparently it was enough for their relationship to be lasting for 4 months now.

"Lets order some food," she continued "seems like you're not in the mood to talk"

"Yea order whatever you want", Minho replied," I don't really have an appetite today. "

Miyeon was worried. Minho seemed extremely distracted these days," Babe, if something's worrying you, you can always tell me yk? "

" I'm not worried, I'm just... ", the blonde replied," its been a long day"

Miyeon and Minho were currently in Massacre, the hot new cafe in town for a date to commemorate the ending of their first term of 12th grade. Both of them had passed with great marks and had risen in the esteem of their teachers. The other students were jealous as usual, to think the star couple of the school topped the ranks wasn't a pleasant thought for most.

They just seemed to have it all and Miyeon had even believed it too, but Minho seemed so distant these days.

She said," If you're not gonna talk, you might as well ask me to leave. You know sometimes I feel like I'm the only one-"

She hushed up as soon as two familiar faces appeared in front of them, and immediately jumped up:

" YUQI YUQI OH MY GOD WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE???!",she said as she practically pounced upon the other girl.

" Miyeon! Wasn't expecting to see you here looking, are you out on a date?", she cast an unimpressed glance at Minho idly sitting there,"  I hope we didn't interrupt anything?"

" We? ", and Miyeon was suddenly aware of a shy brunette standing behind her best friend.
" Jisung?! Is that you? You've grown up so much! You look SO CUTE- and oh my god?! Are you two holding hands? What is this? Are you both dating? Yuqi I didn't know you had a thing for younger guys. ", Miyeon blurted out in less than a second.

Jisung let out an awkward laugh and blushed at the sudden compliment.

"Oh shut it Miyeon! He's only one year younger and you act like you gave birth to him. And yes we're dating ,Jisung took me out to tour the town today you kmow?", the blonde girl retorted.

" Omg you both are so cute. Minho has been boring the shit outta me today, I feared he'd gone mute. He must be having terrible diarrhoea or- omg what if he's done with me! Minho Minho, are you done with me? Is that what this is? ", she chirped so fast in her cutesy voice that it took Minho a while to register.

"Uh- what? No!",came the brunette's reply, puffing his chest on hearing a little laugh from Jisung. "And what are you laughing at huh?!"

"Hey! Don't raise your voice at my boyfriend," Yuqi said playfully, but the growl of her deep lion voice hushed Minho in a second.

Miyeon placed a hand on Minho's forehead and, not finding the temperature worrisome, placed it immediately on Yuqi's waist.

"Yuqi ,watcha say we leave these two hobos behind to argue for a while, they can never take a joke."

"Perfect idea, wanna go roam the town? Jisung showed me lots of new places today, there's this new guitar studio with so many awesome things.."

Their voices trailed off and the two boys watched them go, the younger speechless and the older pleased to see Miyeon finally find someone to match her energy. He wasn't feeling up to it today.

The younger boy just cocked his head to the side and stared at Minho and, even without looking, Minho could feel the warm stars emanating from his large brown eyes.

After a while of being there in awkward silence, Minho decided to get up. He reached for his shades from inside his bag but the other boy suddenly spoke up,

"Hey um.. it's Han Jisung, from Changbin's class, nice to meet you", the boy did a little bow and extended his hand.

"Mhm yeah. ", was the reply and the conversation stopped.

Seeing the other boy stand quiet with no intentions to move, Minho finally introduced himself formally too.

"Of course I know you Minho! You're almost all my other girl friends talk about. They think you're so hot and cool, I'm not disagreeing or anything though. Its nice finally getting to know a senior like you. We stand right beside each other at assembly you know? Congratulations on the great marks this term. My mom always tells me to be like you, but that's a little embarassing. I think you're really cool that way"

If Minho had known all this had been coming his way, he would've prepared himself for a conversation , all he could get out was "oh-uh- Thanks?"

Jisung felt a little discouraged by his lack of interest and dampened down , probably really visibly because Minho decided to be a little nicer, "I'm sure you're cool too."

"Oh really???", Jisung's eyes popped out of his skull and he grew a tail that wagged its fur all over Minho (or so the older imagined)
"I can't believe you just said that! You're the coolest senior I know! Thank you so much! Hey I heard you're into music? Would you like to check out my little guitar collection at home?"

Han flashed his little eyes so endearingly right after this that despite himself Minho couldn't find it in his heart to deny.

"Fine. Let's see what you got",and the little ball of fur jumped into the sky.

_
Author's note:
Any and all comments on how I can improve my writing/the story or how you're feeling will be very appreciated 🤠