Chapter 18

The only constant fear that she was having, had nothing to do with anyone but Rudraksh. That day she came late but strangely there wasn't any appearance of Rudraksh in her hotel or any specific phone call. 
"Ma'am... You asked us for airport drop, would you like to give us some brief?" The staff asked who arrived in Hanna's room with a tray full of snacks and coffee. 
"Yeah... It almost slipped my mind." She apologized and opened her cell phone to confirm the date. 
Earlier when she tried to escape, it became a mess and Rudraksh intervened in that situation forcing her to cancel the plan. But this time, the flight was pre-booked as per her old schedule, as she had decided to explore different places in that country. 
"Hope your boss won't create a mess this time. I'm completing the entire itinerary I had planned." Going through the documents she had saved on her cell phone, she mocked her situation and the staff gave her a sorry look. 
"I understand Miss...." He responded and stood in a corner. 
"I would be needing the cab at 6 o'clock in the morning. The day after tomorrow is February, 13th." Hanna explained her schedule and the staff left nodding his head in acceptance. 
Hanna grabbed the plate and started devouring the tasty and different snacks that were placed. One after another she finished all and enjoyed the spiciness too. 
Even though she was eating, her mind was wondering about something else. 
"Rudraksh Singh Randhawa." 
Since she had slapped him, the man completely vanished from her territory. It had been two days, he didn't even appear for a second in front of her. Even when she returned from the pub after meeting Vedant, he didn't bother to ask a question. 
Though she planned in a secure way to hide the fact of meeting Vedant. She remembered the day, she first met him at the auction. It was hard to get alone time because of Rudraksh's overprotectiveness. But luckily she got it when Rudraksh was called by some other businessmen and she stepped aside showcasing an excuse of staying away from such conversation. 
Vedant was following her for a long. Never in her dreams, had she thought he would be reapproaching her in the same place. 
"Hi... Hope Rudraksh didn't leave you alone." Vedant asked and all she felt was punching him in his face for stepping into her personal space. 
"I guess that would be my personal matter." She replied in the same harsh tone. 
"I see that. Well, I'm Vedant... Vedant Oberoi... Congratulations on the deal." He extended his hand toward her to shake. 
Out of courtesy she shook his hand and put on a small smile while replying.
"Hanna... Hanna Sullivan...." 
"Can't believe an elegant woman like you is gracing this party and enjoying the country," Vedant replied keeping his expression neutral but with a hint of smartness. 
"I guess the party doesn't have a barcode to keep away the elegance. Rather I have my own reasons to be in this country." Hanna reciprocated and waited for Rudraksh to return early. 
Noticing her uneasiness Vedant decided to follow her glance and found that she was searching for Rudraksh.
"He would be back soon. Don't worry." He confirmed.
"Besides, a pretty lady like you can't be left unattended by him. After all, he is the biggest Casanova." Vedant continued laughing a little. 
"Excuse me..." Hanna scrunched her eyebrows wondering whether she had become the flavor of the month or not for Rudraksh.
"Betrayal runs in their family blood. If you don't believe you can find it for yourself. They look for beautiful things only to devour and then throw away." Vedant put stress on the last segment of his statement and watched Hanna's expression change from normal to a hateful one. That was all he wanted. 
"I'm not here to find out about them. I'm here for my own reasons." She replied remembering the sole purpose of visiting the country.
"I understand. But any point of time, if you feel to know more or need help in finding something that you need...." He extended a small card at Hanna who waited for a second before grabbing that. "Reach me at any point in time." He added and turned to leave the place. 
"Wait... But why are you so against him?" Hanna stopped him immediately watching the hatred flickered in his eyes. 
"Ever had a sister?" Vedant asked and she nodded in denial. 
"This family ruined the precious person in my life. My only sister. And I don't think my hatred or anger is wrong in that case. I would say be careful." Saying so Vedant left the place keeping confusion dangling on her face. 
"Where have you been? Lost somewhere?" Hanna returned to reality when Rudraksh's voice reached her ears. Hurriedly she hid the card Vedant gave and put on a normal smile to reply.
"Was in the restroom. Shall we?" She showed him a way to leave the arena before he could sniff something unusual. She couldn't trust the man until she was getting everything in her hand. 
When she approached Vedant he was gentle over the call and all she planned was a public place to meet to make it look natural from both ends. Vedant chose the pub and she made it look like a part of her enjoying the pub.

While all those past incidents kept repeating in her mind she received a text message on her cell phone.
"How is your day?" Just after stealing a glance at the name a small smile appeared on her face. 
"Nothing special. Going good." She typed back. 
"Dinner at 8:00 p.m.?" 
Hanna's fingers stopped before typing a small yet crucial reply. No matter what she could never forget what Rudraksh made her go through the day she had spent with Rudraksh. But at the same time, she was no longer ready to prioritize the man who didn't know how to behave with a lady.
With numerous thoughts in her mind, she wrote "Yes." and pressed the send button. 
Seconds after the reply came from Rajeev's end with the details of the destination where they would be having dinner. 
Hanna took a hot shower and wore a simple white dress. When she got down from her floor the same receptionist just passed her a normal look. Since she was staying for more than seven days, she became familiar with a few common staff of the hotel. 
"Finally... Miss beauty is here...." Rajeev was waiting in his car. The moment she left the hotel and came to the porch the shiny black BMW was already parked there. He was leaning on this one door wearing a black suit. 
"Man in Black." Hanna complimented him too raising her eyebrows a little. 
"Less than you....." Saying so Rajeev opened the door of the car and Hanna slipped into the passenger seat. Rajeev drove the car while talking over some normal topics until they reached their destination. That was fine dining that he had chosen. Escorting her gracefully he walked inside the dining area. 
It was pretty empty as it was one of the costliest dinings in the heart of the city. When the waiter came to take the order, Hanna smiled at Rajeev to do the honor of choosing dishes for her. 
"So, how about trying seafood?" Rajeev asked while going through the menu card. 
"That's not a bad idea. I can try." She responded while watching the surroundings and the beautiful decoration around the room. It was pretty huge with tables kept at a distance to give enough privacy to each customer. 
"Nice place..." She couldn't help but compliment him. 
"I know... By the way how about drinks? Would you like to have champagne?" Rajeev insisted, at which Hanna just nodded her head in acceptance.
"That's pretty nice." She agreed. 
When Rajeev was done placing the order, he moved his full attention to her. Every single word she was speaking, or every single gesture she was making, he kept everything on the watch.
"So how is the city treating you?" The interest had already grown in him and he wanted to take that forward. Unaware of the fact that she had already become someone else's interest. 
"Pretty well except two-three cases." She laughed remembering the first situation with that inspector and later Rudraksh. 
"I hope I can make you forget the bad ones." Rajeev winked at her and she just blushed at his words. 

"What do you mean by Rajeev isn't here? I'm asking for his presence since the last day." Rudraksh barked at his uncle who simply sipped the coffee he was holding.
"He is my son, not a dog that has to report to you," Rajveer shouted back ignoring the ranges of Rudraksh.
"You have no idea what he had done," Rudraksh shouted back. 
"You have no idea what I'm capable of if you don't stop poking your nose in my son's matter every time." 
Rajveer stood up from his chair and threatened Rudraksh in the same way but instead of stepping back, Rudraksh just passed him a death glare and left the arena. 
He came out of his and called Aditya over Bluetooth. 
"I want that bastard's location within an hour or you can f**k off." 
Aditya wiped the accumulated sweat he had on his forehead. Rajeev wasn't there in the city for the past two days but he was expected to return by that day. Aditya did his best to find the current location of Rajeev hearing the anger-filled voice of Rudraksh.
"Boss... I'm trying my level best." Even Aditya didn't understand how all of a sudden Rudraksh got so angry over the matter of Rajeev.
"No..... You are not...." Rudraksh replied in his cold sharp tone taking a sharp u-turn.
Within the next fifteen minutes, Aditya called him back.
"Boss we got his location...." 
"Good... Send me that fast..." 
Aditya remained silent for a second before sending when he noticed that Rajeev wasn't alone. And the person who was there with Rajeev can actually make the situation worse. 
"Sir, I was told... Once he would be back can we ..." 
"Who has given you permission to suggest something to me? I guess you are not liking to live your life..." Rudraksh shouted over the call driving hastily.
"Sir, sorry sir...He is in Bastian, Bandra...." Aditya spilled the bean finally. 
"I am reaching there within ten minutes." Rudraksh disconnected the call and increased the speed of his car. He was on fire and above all, he saw red when he heard that Sakshi's incident.
Aditya had never seen Rudraksh that angry. Not even when he had killed the traitor without showing an ounce of mercy. But whenever the name Hanna arrived in Rajeev's presence, it looked like he lost his temperament. 
Praying for Hanna Aditya sat silently at his desk while thinking about what made Rudraksh that mad.
When Rudraksh reached Bastian the security guard saluted him. He was quite a known face there during the time he dated one model from Bollywood. And above all, he was someone almost everyone knew. 
Rudraksh straightway moved to the section where Rajeev was. But never in his dreams, he had thought to see the scene he just observed. 
Hanna was sitting opposite Rajeev and he was holding her hand. There were drinks and food spread over the table. It looked like a dinner date and above all Hanna's smiling face had told everything. 
"She looks happy...." Rudraksh's inner self mocked in his mind and he closed his eyes for a certain second to gulp down the anger that was building inside. 
"Look Rudraksh... She is happy and smiling." His mind mocked and he opened his eyes. Walking like a silent predator he reached the table where Rajeev was seated. It didn't take a second for him to execute the plan he already had in his mind. 
Hanna's eyes flickered with fear when she noticed the man behind Rajeev. But before she could speak a single word his hand grabbed Rajeev's shoulder and picked him up from the chair with one harsh pull. 
"What the hell......" Rajeev's words couldn't leave his mouth when his eyes recognized Rudraksh and his burning gaze. 
Before he could react a huge punch landed on his face and he was thrown to the floor. People around them stood up from their seats in fear. Even though the number was less, they were still enough numbers to make chaos while leaving the place. 
"Rudra....." A small whisper left Hanna's mouth when she stood up from her chair in fear thinking that the reason behind his anger was her presence over the dinner. 
"Stay the f**k out of it," Rudraksh yelled at her face making her scared to her core. She started shivering to watch the man raging like a bull while holding the collar of Rajeev's shirt. Rajeev was bleeding from his nose. He was in no way strong enough to defend Rudraksh's attacks. 
Hanna felt her knees weak and a cold shiver passed through her spine making her dizzy and nauseous at the same time. 
"Why the f**k did you hide Sakshi's pregnancy from us when we asked," Rudraksh shouted in such a way that the entire segment of the dining area trembled vigorously. Hanna didn't understand a single thing. She had never heard of the name Sakshi. The confusion was clear on her face. 
Rajeev was trying to say something but another punch just made him stop blabbering the rubbish he had in his mind. This time his eyes turned bruised and when Hanna noticed that she felt her heart drop in the pit of her stomach. Her brain stopped working as the urge to puke watching so much bloody mess increased. Her mind went black. When she got a glimpse of Rudraksh's bloodshot eyes, she couldn't hold back anymore.
"How dare you hide....." Rudraksh was about to land another punch when a thud sound made him stop in his actions. 
His eyes shifted from Rajeev's face to the surface nearby. His eyes widened the moment he noticed the figure lying there completely senseless.
"Hanna....." 

Dear Readers,
Splintered Heart would be updated..... only if I gain followers here.
So keep voting and follow me for more updates.