Message

"Wei-gongzi," Lan Xichen called after lessons one day.

He parted from his two siblings and walked over to the Lan.

"Zewu-jun," he bows respectfully. "Is there anything I can do for you?"

He smiled at Wei Wuxian. "No, I wanted to inform you that we have completed making the flute for you."

Wei Wuxian's eyes sparkled brightly. "Really? I can't thank you enough!" he cheered with excitement.

"Wangji can hand it to you, and you can start practicing," he explains. He motions for his brother to come over as he is exiting the Orchid Room with his uncle.

Wei Wuxian nodded and bounced on his feet. "Where is he? I can go see him now if that's alright?"

"Here," Lan Wangji called.

Wei Wuxian whipped around. "Lan Zhan! Let's go practice! Please, please please!" he begged the Lan.

"No shouting!" Lan Qiren stated before turning from Wei Wuxian in irritation and left the doors of the Orchid room.

Wei Wuxian cringed. "Right, sorry."

"It is fine. We can go now," Lan Wangji said.

"I will meet up with you both later to check in. Please enjoy yourselves and don't work too hard," Lan Xichen said before departing to follow his uncle.

Lan Xichen believed it was time to have a proper discussion with him before this behavior with Wei Wuxian continued.

He knew the relationship between Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji was growing. The last thing he wanted was for his uncle to get in the way of that.

Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian entered a room that he had never been to before. It was a rather large room covered in the typical white and little hints of blue. There were intricate charms embroidered on talismans and wind chimers that decorated the room. On finely made wooden stands were all sorts of different instruments, but the most common one he could find was different sizes and styles of the guqin. On the far left wall was a tall bookcase with rows upon rows of books and other music compositions.

The room was empty. The only people there were Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian themselves. "This is the YinYue," Lan Wangji said.

The music room. Wei Wuxian mused.

"Is this where we'll practice?"

Lan Wangji nodded and went to a corner of the room where there was a stand and an intricate white box. He picked up the box and brought it over to Wei Wuxian. "Here," he said.

Wei Wuxian took the box made of fine wood and unlatched the small hook sealing it.

Inside was a beautifully carved black bamboo flute. There was a flowing curve of lines that were woven together and would disperse at multiple points around the flute. He could make out finite details of red swirled in with parts of the black. He is not sure how they managed to carve something so beautifully.

"There is room at the top to carve a name," Lan Wangji said.

Wei Wuxian smiled. "It's beautiful. I'll have to think of a proper name." Wei Wuxian was half tempted to name it Chenqing, but he didn't know if that was considered betraying his original flute. He decided to think more about it before coming to a decision.

Lan Wangji then walked to the left side of the room and gently pulled out a specific book.

The two of them took a seat, and Lan Wangji propped the book on a stand. He then pulled his guqin out and rested it in front of him.