Chapter XI - A plan or not.

Well, oh well.
Let's just dive in❤️
Don't forget to vote and comment.
*****************************************

CARLO'S POV

I tossed repeatedly on the bed not wanting to get up but my alarm kept blaring loudly. I finally sat up on the bed, running my hands through my hair as memories of the previous day came back.

I stretched out to get my bible laying down on the table beside my bed to have my devotion before mom came in to ask — that's her usual routine.

After that, I got up to freshen up.
Not before getting my phone to get the information on how we were meeting up for the competition.

goosebumps.

75 messages from the group.
What's the problem now?

The group was usually so silent except for questions on rehearsal dates, so those messages were much.
I quickly opened it, scared of missing out on something.

What if they fixed the competition earlier.

I came across a pinned message, this was not in any way helping my already nervous self. I swallowed dry and sat down on the bed.

Who knew I'll finally get tense about something I hated doing before.

~THE ROYAL SQUAD~

Mr Dare~
I received some information from the organizers of the competition. The competition has been moved by one week due to unforeseen circumstances as they said, But it's all for our good, we shall intensify rehearsals, so be prepared.

Everyone received the message with mixed feelings. Some people were happy while others just subtly complained of the last part of the message. rehearsals.

Why did I get this message so late?
It slowly crept to my memory how I was at Marcho's place till nine in the night.
I came home exhausted and just crashed.

We played a lot of video games while talking about a lot of things — a whole lot of things.
He told me how he had to go and see Clara, as they were family friends.
Her father informed his parents of her being bullied at school.

Such irony.

I brushed the thought aside as I focused on the matter at hand,
How will Annie take this?

Knock knock

Mom walked in without waiting for my response, what was the need of even knocking.

She looked at me with her eyebrows etched up,
"Why are you not dressed up?" She queried.

"Good morning Mom," I greeted partly prostrating as tradition.
When I got up, I stretched like I just got up, gently dropping my phone on the bedside table.

"Good morning dear, I thought you'll be all dressed up. I planned on praying with you before you step out." She walked closer, adjusting the sides of my bed-sheet.

"The competition has been shifted," I dropped the bombshell as I laid back down on the bed.

"Oh wow, they announced quite late. You came back really late last night, your dad just left, he wanted to wish you well on your competition." She stated in a reprimanding tone.

Oh shoot.

"Anyways, come down for breakfast," She added, as she walked towards the door.
I watched as she closed the door gently behind her.

Staying at Marcho's place the night before my competition was a bad decision.
I got up again to head over to the bathroom to freshen up.

I glanced at my phone and remembered that I wanted to call Annie.
Thoughts of her just kept coming to me.