𝟐𝟑 | ❄️𝑮𝒂𝒅𝒈𝒆𝒕𝒔❄️

"Midoriya Izuku's made a huge splash!"

Hearing Present Mic announce that Midoriya had secured first place, you grew annoyed. Sprinting full speed, you completely forgot about breathing for a moment as you focused all your energy on catching up, and hopefully passing, the two boys ahead of you.

"Now here come the three who were originally in first place!"

Seeing the bright light shining into the end of the hallway, you watched as Todoroki disappeared into the light. Followed by Bakugo not too far behind.

"It's Todoroki Shoto of Class A in second!"

"Bakugo Katsuki of Class A in third!"

Gritting your teeth, your brows furrowed in frustration as you picked up the pace, finally making it through and stepping out into the light.

"And L/N Y/N of Class A in fourth! Just behind third! That must suck!"

Rolling your eyes, you shot a cold glare at the loudass man. You knew he couldn't see it, but you didn't care.

'Yeah, rub it in some more why don't you?'

Finally coming to a stop about fifteen feet away from the hall, you bent down in exhaustion.

Breathing heavily, you placed your hands on your knees to steady yourself as you took time to regain your breath.

"And now, they're finishing one after another! We'll make a list of the results later, but for now, good work!"

After a minute, you had finally managed to regain your breath. Though, you would be lying if you said you hadn't got a small headache from the sunlight.

Glancing up from your spot, you saw Todoroki standing not too far ahead of you.

You were a bit ticked off with him, but you knew deep down that he was only doing it to win. Even if that means nearly killing half of U.A.'s first year students.

'A mission is a mission. No matter how badly I want to kill him for pulling that stunt with the robot.'

Taking a deep breath, your cheery persona returned as you began running towards the two-toned boy. Ignoring the slight pain you felt from your ankle.

"Todoroki!"

Hearing his name being called, he turned around to see you running towards him. Which was honestly perfect for him as he had a few things he wanted to find out about you.

"Man, I can't believe you got second! You must be so excited!"

"Not really."

"Huh? Why not?" You questioned, the confused and curious look on your face turning into one of excitement yet again. "Second place out of 222 students is amazing! I would've killed to get second!"

'Literally.'

Shrugging, Todoroki eyed you for a brief moment. "Fourth place is good too. Honestly, I'm surprised you got fourth."

Blinking in surprise from his comment, you shot him a confused and mildly offended look. "Wait, really?"

Nodding, Todoroki was quick to give a reason in hopes it would make him sound like less of a jerk. "When we trained together two weeks ago, your stamina wasn't very high and you got tired out pretty quickly. So, as rude as it sounds, I didn't have very high expectations."

Realising where he was coming from, your eyes widened for a split-second, before you clicked your fingers as a sign you'd remembered. "Oh, right! No, I completely get it. I knew I didn't have the best stamina at the time, but I was hoping to learn a thing or two from you. And I did!"