Chapter 52

Josephine

Remember what I said 'Life can only go up from here' I lied. Looking for a house is hard. Trying to find a house Jack and I like is hard. Searching for a home that checks off every criterion is hard. And even though it stresses me out Jack makes it fun. 

We were touring a house and I walked out to see the backyard. Jack snaked his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to him. "Our babies could run around here," Kiss. "Or Trevor," He giggled, making me break a smile. "There's that beautiful smile, I missed it," He pressed a kiss to the corner of my lips. 

I liked that he was thinking about our future. It made me melt that for him our future went past getting married, he was already thinking about kids. Aside from being a rockstar, my biggest dream was to be a mom. A good mom. My mom wasn't the best to my dad or her kids, and I want to break that toxic cycle and be the mother I never had. 

I had stayed out in the backyard for a good ten minutes just daydreaming before I turned around and said "No, not this one," Jack chuckled and nodded, "I agree," He took my hand in his and we drove to another house. This one was a bit far from everything, which was annoying and frustrated me. 

Based on the vibe in the car I knew Jack wasn't too happy with the distance either. I was crossing my fingers hoping I wouldn't fall in love with this house because this drive was annoying. When we pulled up Jack and I sighed making me laugh at how in sync we were. "Not feeling it, it's too far, and it's not cute," He agreed listing off all the reasons why this shouldn't be the one we chose.

"Along with what you just said imagine trying to go out and living this far, the Uber would be expensive, or you'd have to stay somewhere else which you don't like," He continued until our real estate agent parked behind us. "You came up with so many good points," I giggle, before pecking his lips and stepping out of the car. 

Just as we suspected the house was horrible, we hated it. Thank god. 

"One more house and that's it," I sigh against the headrest. The driving is tiring, and after looking for a house for a few weeks, we've found nothing. We were going to go home after this house, but Paula got word that a house just went up on the market and was right up our alley. So we said 'Why not? We're already here,'

The closer we get to the house I realize we're not too far from the rink or clubs as Jack previously brought up. We drive down a long road, trees filling up the sides of the road, giving the street a homey vibe. Aside from being a rockstar and a mom, my next dream was to live in a fairy realm, and this is embodying the woodsy fairy dream I had as a child. 

We turn left, pulling up to this gorgeous house, from the driveway alone I'm hooked. My jaw falls slightly as I see some vines and leaves covering parts of the exterior. Jack gets out of the car, walking around to help me out, smiling at my shocked expression. "She's pretty," He says, referring to the house. Obviously.

I nod my head, letting Paula open the door to show us inside. She gives us a small run down of the House's history, how many bedrooms it has, and gives us specific measurements that I can't even process right now. "I'll give you two a minute while you walk around," She smiles, texting something before walking away. 

Jack and I walk into the dining room, I fall in love with the light coming in from the big windows. "Just imagine a Thanksgiving dinner here or even just a little get-together," He smiles. We step into the huge kitchen with green cabinets and I could literally moan. "Jack," I turn around pointing at the cabinets. "I know hon, it's like she was made for you," He kisses my temple. 

I imagine myself making pancakes here in the morning, or baking cookies late at night. I smile at the little daydream I found myself caught up in. We walk into the living room, Jack looks around the room, telling me he loves how spacious it is. We walk upstairs to look at all the bedrooms, racing up like excited children.