38. Torn Between Worlds

En başından başla

Raising his hand, Qingcang blinked in surprise at the capability to move his body now. He instinctively brought his fingers to his lips, relishing recollecting all the intimate moments he had shared with Meilin. As his fingertip brushed his lips, his gaze descended upon the slumbering figure nestled against his chest. He felt the rhythmic pulsations of her heart against his skin, the warmth of her breath against his well-defined collarbone, and a profound connection that defied the boundaries of his previous reality.

 He felt the rhythmic pulsations of her heart against his skin, the warmth of her breath against his well-defined collarbone, and a profound connection that defied the boundaries of his previous reality

Qingcang's breath hitched, a surge of sensations overwhelming his senses

Qingcang's breath hitched, a surge of sensations overwhelming his senses. His heart swelled with a warmth that permeated his entire being, and his breaths came in quick, shallow gasps. He was astounded that Meilin remained undisturbed, her tranquil sleep undisturbed by the turmoil within his heart. His brows furrowed, a storm brewing within him as he closed his eyes, his trembling lips parting slightly, releasing a breathy moan that reverberated in the room, solidifying the sprout that had grown within the long-dormant Sea of Heart and Emotion Tree of his.

Pausing to collect himself and regain his composure, Qingcang prepared to sit up, his body still pulsating with the remnants of his intense sensations. However, when his gaze fell upon Meilin's peaceful form, her ear pressed gently against his chest, he hesitated to disturb her serene slumber. 'Nevermind... I'll allow you to sleep for as long as you desire,' he selflessly decided, his eyes now holding a dreamy and relaxed gaze as he observed her. 'Once I kill the culprit, I'll take you to the island you've always longed to live on. I'll bring this house with us and place it in the most pleasant location, just as you've wished,' he mused internally, recollecting their conversation where she had expressed her heartfelt desire to be elsewhere, particularly on that beautiful island, with the sincere hope of bringing her beloved home along. He wanted nothing more than to fulfill her heartfelt desire.

As Qingcang continued to gaze at Meilin, he detected subtle signs of her awakening. "I..." she murmured sleepily, her voice barely audible, yet it captivated him, leaving him eager to hear her following words. "Love..." she continued to mumble, her words muffled in her slumber. His eyes narrowed, and he leaned closer, straining to decipher her faint words until a single phrase emerged distinctly. "Yichen..." she whispered before succumbing again to unintelligible mutterings, lost in the realm of her dreams.