25. Meilin's Promise to Qingcang

Follow me if you're already invested in this story because I'll keep writing similar stories in the future, and you might miss out.

Meilin sat at home, staring blankly at the wall as she replayed the harsh words she had spoken to Qingcang four hours ago. The weight of her actions bore down on her, causing her to shift uncomfortably on the couch. She had been so caught up in her emotions that she did not even remember she ordered milk. She kept glancing at the door, hoping he would arrive.

Suddenly, a figure caught her eye, and for a brief second, Meilin thought it was Qingcang. Her heart leaped excitedly as she jumped up from the couch and went to the door. But as she opened it, she was disappointed; it was just the store's delivery man who had brought the milk she had ordered.

Feeling dejected, Meilin retreated to the couch and sank into the cushions. She remained at home, following Qingcang's instructions from the previous night for her own safety. Overwhelmed by her guilt, she wanted to do something to make it right. She decided to finish baking the cakes she had prepared the night before and apologize for her behavior.

.

.

.

Meanwhile, Dongfang Qingcang stood before a hooded man as he found the black magician, the culprit who cast the curse on Meilin and the hurt he had caused her

Qingcang's eyes were about to well up with tears. "That woman... What's wrong with her?" he muttered, feeling emotionally overwhelmed as he brought his hand to his face.

The hooded man trembled at the sight of him, fear evident in his eyes as he stammered, "P-please, don't kill me," pleading for his life.

Qingcang was distraught, tears streaming down his face. 'Not again... Not now!' he thought to himself, feeling upset. 'That Silly Little Human! Always causing me trouble, even when I'm saving her!' He clenched his fists in irritation, his frustration mounting.

Qingcang had always prided himself on his ability to remain composed and detached, but Meilin had a way of pushing his buttons like no one else. He had tried to help and protect her from the dangers that lurked in the shadows, but she had thrown it all back in his face with her bitter words.