16. Their Inescapable Fate of Downfall

Follow me if you're already invested in this story because I'll keep writing similar stories in the future, and you might miss out. Also, if you want more Dongfang Qingcang in your life!

In the center of a grand, ancient-looking water pavilion, Lord Yunzhong sat on his throne, surrounded by the luxury of his wealth and power

In the center of a grand, ancient-looking water pavilion, Lord Yunzhong sat on his throne, surrounded by the luxury of his wealth and power. His black hair flowed freely in the breeze, and a substantial golden headpiece rested upon his head, adorned with intricate designs that spoke of his status.

"The portal has opened. You know what this means, don't you?" Lord Yunzhong said, turning to face another man near him.

Beside him stood Lord Liyuan, a high immortal dressed in a loose, white robe that billowed in the wind. His hair was white and flowed behind his shoulders, and a brown, transparent headpiece that resembled a deer's antlers adorned the back of his head.

"Yes, Lord Yunzhong," Lord Liyuan replied. "Soon, the missing son of our Lord Dong Chonghua will return to us after millions of years of absence."

Lord Yunzhong nodded determinedly and said, "Yichen is the only one who can help us with the rising problem, Dongfang Qingcang. He won't be as strong as Dongfang Qingcang when he awakens, but he will be in second place, even exceeding our Chidi woman. That will be enough to help us obliterate Dongfang Qingcang and every single one of his people."

Lord Liyuan's eyes widened with excitement

Lord Liyuan's eyes widened with excitement. "Soon, we will have our revenge for what Yannu has done to our ancestors," he said with a grin.

"Yes, we will," Yunzhong replied before his expression darkened. "There is, however, a problem," he said, clenching his fists.

"What's the problem?" Liyuan asked, his brow furrowed.

Yunzhong clenched his fists, a fierce scowl on his face. "The girl..." he said through gritted teeth.

"You mean..." Liyuan trailed off, understanding the situation.

"Yes. It's her. Unfortunately, she's still the key to bringing back the youngest son of Chonghua. When they both return to our world, we must kill her. Once Yichen is back, we'll have nothing to stop us from killing every member of the Moon Tribe, including that girl," Yunzhong explained with a sense of determination.