Tilt

AUTHOR'S--THIRD PERSON POV:

"Sending her back into the Dark Realm is the stupidest shit I've ever heard!" Xander threw up his hands as Sabrina and Rayanne made their way to the Soul Coven, Jamal circling a little closer than usual.

"We're going with her," Seb reminded him, "We won't be long and they can't keep us there because we're not destined to go to the darkness."

Sabrina told the Quads it was probably a trap and they knew it, too. She couldn't consult her family so she asked around about Jillian before practicing with the Soul Coven.

It took only a few hours for the Coven to convene for the day. Sabrina made it back and quickly went to the kitchen without speaking to her mates. She'd even mind linked Jamal to find a place to nest. She grabbed some soda and chocolate and hurried up to her room, slamming the door behind her.

The Quads looked up the stairs and, as if Hudson had to state the obvious, sighed and said to his brothers– who were practically drooling over their mate's scent:

"She's in heat."

It wasn't until the next morning that Sabrina found herself desperately seeking solace in anything that would soothe her pain. Nothing helped.

Twenty minutes later, their mate rushed back downstairs and tried to skirt around them, but Quinn caught her by the waist.

"Be careful out there, Sabrina," Q warned, but Sabrina was still a novice to the whims of male wolves and those who simply wanted to breed her.

Once she understood, her face grew pale and she stood stoic, nodding and regrouping with Rayanne and a few other witches right outside of the house.

"This.. this is going to be one hell of a next few days... " Hudson croaked.

"It's her first heat," Quinn said, "She needs to relax... I can't believe it happened to her so quickly. "

"I think Mom figured that out... " Sebastian pointed into the distance where Valerie had stopped to speak with a sobbing Sabrina, who'd hugged her.

Sabrina took a look back at the Quads and then headed out to her Coven meeting.

Valerie made her way over to her sons who were at a loss for words.

"Let her come to you, boys," Valerie told them, "She knows it's like ovulating, but a lot more intense for her now that she's shifted."

"I've heard horror stories," Hudson said, "Remember that Luna who had to be pleased for a week...?"

Valerie smiled.

"If that happens, the four of you will just have to be there for her. As much as you all don't want to hear about my heat, I can tell you it wasn't that bad. Now, your Aunt Karen's... "

Xander shook his head and put a hand up, smiling at his Mom.

"No, no we got it, Mom... "

Valerie nodded, blushing a little in front of her boys, her sons... the little men she was so proud of.

"Who knows? Maybe during the next heat, you'll make me a grandma!"

Xander choked on his apple, but Hudson looked excited.

"I wonder how many times she'll be available..." He said out loud.

Xander chuckled.

"You want to be a dad now?"

Hudson shrugged, "I don't know. Maybe."

Valerie eyed Sebastian and Quinn who looked equally uncomfortable.