Act 1: Scene 1: first draft finished

INT

INT. BLUEY'S CAGE - NIGHT

Bright blue lights shine toward the center of the stage, where BLUEY stands on a beam. An image of ANGIE is in on the backdrop with a full moon in the distance.

BLUEY

(dreaming)

Am I finally getting a girlfriend? She's blue like me! I can finally not be jealous of my buddy PEAR anymore.

The lights suddenly turn yellow.

BLUEY

Will she like me? What will she be like? Will she preen and love me, or will she be selfish and steal all of my food?

Pear and MIKA enter and pecks Bluey awake.

PEAR

Are you dreaming again?

BLUEY

Oh, I didn't see you there. Yeah, I am.

PEAR

She'll come when the time is right.

BLUEY

I'm just always so jealous of you because you're younger than me yet already have a girlfriend!

MIKA

You know, I had a weird dream, too. I dreamed that another blue budgie is here to be with us! Let's just hope it's true.

The door slams shut with ELIZABETH screaming with joy and running onto the stage, carrying Angie in a cage with her parents.

ELIZABETH

Bluey! Bluey! Angie is here! She's your girlfriend now!

All the birds fly toward Angie's cage, chirping.

BLUEY

Hi! I'm Bluey, you must be Angie! Welcome to flock!

2.

ANGIE

Hey, hey, hey, slow down. I'm different from you all.

PEAR

How so? You look like a bird. You're blue like Bluey and have a beak.

ANGIE

I'm already three years old in human age.

PEAR

Well, so is Bluey.

ANGIE

That's not the point. I've been a caged bird for all my life. I don't know how to fly properly because I've only been in this cage day and night for as long Bluey has been on this Earth.

MIKA

Don't worry! As a flock, we all help each other out and train each other to become better versions of ourselves! Who's in for Angie?