Chapter 42: Ferocious Hatchling and Overgrown Gym Battle

Start from the beginning

The only thing I have in my search history is "When is the Steam summer sale happening?"

Trinity shook her head. "You two..."

Rotom finally scanned Togepi.

"Togepi, the Egg Pokemon. A Fairy-type. Togepi is imprinted with the image of the first thing it sees after it hatches, thinking this is its mother." According to the Pokedex, this Togepi was male.

Rotom promptly shut itself off.

"Oh, so that's why you pushed me off," Trinity said.

"Yeah, he would have thought you were his mother and I would have been forced to give him to you," I said. I knew this by heart. I knew all of Cynthia's Pokemon by heart.

Togepi turned his curious eyes toward the entire room, expanding his periphery. Then his eyes settled on Eevee, who woke up, his face contorting, becoming determined. He pounced at Eevee, tackling her. Eevee merely stood there, looking at Togepi with a blank look, unfazed.

"Toge!" Togepi said frustratingly, trying to hit her again, ultimately failing. I noticed that he flinched every time he attacked Eevee, which made me suspect he had learned Double Edge.

"Vee..." Eevee shook her head and flicked her tail at him, knocking him off the bed.

"Pi! Pi!" Togepi suddenly looked excited as he jumped back on the bed, facing down Eevee once more, as if eager to battle.

"Ten seconds of living and he already wants to pick a fight..." I muttered.

"Vali, why are we really good at finding strange Pokemon?" Trinity deadpanned.

"Beats me. Whichever fucker that controls the plot is the one behind this."

"What's making so much noise?" an annoyed voice said from the doorway. We turned and saw Chloe there, looking confused as she noticed the Togepi. "It hatched?"

Yamper made the mistake of stepping into the room, sniffing in Togepi's direction. Togepi looked at Yamper, a glint in his eyes. Before we knew it, Togepi launched himself at Yamper with a Double Edge, making him go flying until he crashed through the window.

I couldn't hold back my snickers. Togepi was ferocious despite just being a baby.

"What the hell was that for?!" Chloe exclaimed, glaring at Togepi. "And to think I used to hold you as an egg!"

"Toge, Togepi!" Togepi laughed, sticking his tongue out at Chloe.

I glared furiously at Chloe. "What do you mean you held him as an egg? Have you been snooping around my room?"

Chloe's eyes widened as she realized she made a slip-up. "Uh, no... I mean, maybe... I mean..."

"Oh, shut up," I said darkly. "I swear to Arceus, you better not go into my room and touch my shit ever again..." I trailed off, leaving the silent threat hanging in the air.

Chloe flinched, her eyes slightly twitching with fear.

"Vali," Trinity said to me with a gentle look, for once not getting mad at me. "Relax."

Then she turned to Chloe and gave her a mild glare. "Come on, Chloe, you know that's weird."

"Not you too, Trinity. You know he would do the same thing!"

"No, he wouldn't," Trinity shook her head. "He wouldn't even care about going into a girl's room."

"Why do you have so much faith in him?" Chloe asked. "Hasn't he been doing weird things to you?"

"He hasn't done anything of the sort," Trinity rolled her eyes. Trinity has become friends with Chloe ever since we started working for Professor Cerise. But this is the one matter they disagreed with. "Besides, how could he possibly blackmail me? Hell, if he really was doing something to me, I could literally just play the victim card and get his ass into trouble. But the fact I haven't done that shows that he hasn't done anything."