Back From The Dead

Start from the beginning

~~~

   Cat Noir lead the kids to the main school building. Dabi's blue flames engulfed the large building.

   Cat Noir and the kids all stood outside, watching the school burn.

    "We have to do something," Lyon shouted.

    "And what are you suggesting? We run into the fire and become nothing but dumb corpses," Bakugo shouted.

   "We can't just let them burn!" Deku yelled.

    While the teenagers argued, Cat Noir tried to focus on his power. The power of Destruction. He paced his breath and closed his eyes. He canceled out the kid's words, trying to focus on terminating the fire. The blue flames turned into a golden color. Piper was the first to notice.

   "Guys..."

   "This is why you're still a vi-"

   "GUYS," She grabbed the boys' arms and pointed to the building," look!"

    They looked at the building.

    Cat Noir raised his hand.

     "Go in peace," He said.

     Then he snapped his finger, terminating the flames.

    "What was that?" Piper asked.

     Cat turned in the direction of the kids who were, at this point, incapable of understanding how powerful the miraculous truly was. They only knew about the cataclysm and the notorious lucky charm.

   "Power," Cat responded.

   Dabi snuck behind Cat Noir trying to shoot him. Dabi braced his body and jumped up, kicking his feet toward Cat Noir, generating fire. Cat Noir dogged the ball of blue fire.

   "We have to help him!" Deku said.

    The kids started walking over to Cat Noir. Cat Noir raised his hand with aggression.

    "No! Don't interfere with this fight!" Cat Noir demanded, "Maybe this'll teach them how powerful we truly are."

  Cat Noir rubbed his hands together and smacked the palm of his hand on the ground. Dabi jumped into the air already knowing what Cat Noir would do. The ground shook as the hero's cataclysm created a straight line of Destruction. Dabi landed right in front of Cat Noir.

   "Hit me," He said.

   Cat Noir tried to punch Dabi's arm, yet he missed because Dabi moved.

    "Listen, Dabi," They continued to do their hand-to-hand combat, "you're a good kid. I don't know why you're so-"

   "Stop it!" He yelled.

   Cat Noir pulled away from him.

    Dabi had scars all over his body. He was unable to cry, but at that moment, he wanted to.

   "I am sick and tired of people like you telling me that I was some perfect child. I was quirked. Every time I used my power, I got burned and it got worse to the point where I almost killed myself in a forest fire. Don't tell me I was some good kid who was perfect and who never did anything wrong because that's what almost destroyed me!" Dabi confessed.

Cat Noir felt like he understood Dabi perfectly. A child who's been praised for what? Nothing. Cat felt so flawed like he had been lied to his entire life and that he had been lying to everyone who considered him Mister Perfect.

  "You know what? I think I understand you. When I found out that I was part sentimonster, I felt betrayed. Then, my father being Monarch was only the tip of the iceberg. I understand how you feel. Dabi, you may feel betrayed, or you're a traitor, but you are special. And anyone who loves you knows that."