Thirty Four

Jungkook's pov:

After Taehyung's exams had finished and passed, I decided to finally take us away for a few nights.

At first I thought Busan was a good idea, because of its beaches and it's starting to get slightly warmer. But with the still lingering threat of seeing Taehyung's mother I decided to book out a small villa and take us to Jeju Island.

I booked us flights out from Seoul and Taehyung slipped shortly after landing and getting in the car i've rented for the week.

The sun was just beginning to set as I drove us through the near empty roads up to the house. I can't remember the last time I visited Jeju. I think it was with Yoongi long before he met Jimin.

Taehyung is currently passed out asleep in the passenger seat. Wrapped up snuggly in a blanket with his bunny and pacifier. Looking absolutely adorable and tiny.

I didn't want to wake him but it wasn't his bed time yet. I wanted him to sleep tonight and besides, we're here now.

"baby" I whisper, shaking him slightly. "bun we're here now. you have to wake up darling."

Taehyung whines and scrunches up his eyes, small fists coming up to rub them.

I smile, completely infatuated with this little being.

I get out of the car and move to his side, unstrapping him and placing him on my hip.

"come on now, I know you're all tired from the flight. My baby did so well for daddy. Was such a good boy the whole time."

I bounce him on my hip, waking his mind up slightly. I decide to leave the bags in the car for now and explore the villa we'll be staying in.

It wasn't huge by any means, but it had more rooms than we'll be using. The floor plan was open with marble countertops. It was quite luxury looking and I know Taehyung doesn't care about any of that. But I wanted this time away to be special and just for him. So he can rest and heal as much as possible.

The lack of baby proofing however with the sharp corners and hard wooden floors meant i'll just have to keep an eye on little Tae when he's crawling about.

The back garden was beautiful. Freshly cut grass with it's aroma still lingering in the air. The sun was almost set and the solar panel lights had flickered on around the infinity pool, looking over the private beach for the residents of this row.

The sea was calm and beautiful. Reflecting the remaining lilac of the sunset as the moon was taking it's position high in the sky.

"baby, look" I whisper, pointing to the opposite end of the garden. Taehyung was much more awake now, taking in all his new surroundings with wide curious eyes.

But the second his attention landed on the bush of flowers I was pointing at, he was too excited to  be impressed by anything else.

He gasps loudly, wriggling out of my grip until I set him down on the grass. And he was off instantly, crawling quickly over to the bush of roses and the sprouting carnations.

"daddy!" he squeals, taking a seat on his bum and pointing happily to the bunch. "flowies!!"

I chuckle fondly. Out of all the extravagant things at this villa, my baby is the most excited by what comes free.

"do you want to pick some?" I ask, going over and crouching down, eyeing out the roses that don't have any thorns on them.

But Taehyung shakes his head, eyebrows furrowed as he spits out his pacifier.