Fifteen

we hit 2k reads🥹

Jungkook's pov:

Shit. His dad is calling him?! What could he possibly need to say at almost 2 o'clock in the morning?

I'm really conflicted on what to do.. Do I wake Taehyung up and tell him? Or just let it go to voicemail and let him find out in the morning..

However, when the call cuts and the contact appears once again, ringtone blaring, my decision is made for me when Taehyung stirs, eyes fluttering open.

"Jungkook?" thank god he's in big space.

"baby, sorry did I wake you?" I whisper, leaning over the petite boy and gently carding my fingers through his hair.

Taehyung shakes his head, soft locks falling over his eyes and I really don't want to tell him what i'm about to. Don't want to see his precious small smile he sprouting turn into anything other than a larger one.

Taehyung must sense my inner conflict because he pouts, bringing his soft fingers up to rest on my cheek.

"Jungkook what's wrong?"

I sigh, leaning down to bury my face into the crook of his neck. Not being able to see the look on his face.

"your dad is calling you" I mumble, feeling the boy tense beneath me.

"w-what?"

"your dad's calling you baby, you don't have to answer if you don't want to but-"

"-my dad is calling me?!" I'm cut off as he sits up, pulling me up with him.

I'm quick to take his now shaky hands into my own and kiss the knuckles, thumbs stroking the soft skin afterwards.

"baby it's okay, breath for me yeah? In... Out... There you go, good job" I praise, kissing his lips and keeping an eye on his shaky breathing. He tries to keep himself under control but the building tears in his eyes are noticeable. He's getting anxious.

Taehyung turns his head to see the phone still ringing. God that man doesn't give up.

"what are you going to do?" I question, hands gently moving up and down his arms, silently letting him know i'm here for him.

"i-i'm going to answer it.."

-

Taehyung's pov:

I lean over to grab my phone, it's cold in my hands and my dads contact makes me want to throw up.

Sure, I was desperate to have him call me back, reply to my messages or just let me know where he was. But after everything that happened that night and how he's cancelled all of the house bills.. I really don't want to speak to him.

I let out a small sigh, dragging my finger over the answer button before pulling the device up to my ear. I'll die before I put it on speaker for Jungkook to hear. I'm not sure what my father will say and so i'd rather be the only one to hear it.

"h-hello?" my voice is shaky and quiet, a lump forming in the back of my throat.

"What took you so long to pick up?" spat the rough voice of my father. No greeting or apologies for it being so early in the morning.

"I- sorry" I mumble, eyes falling to my lap. I feel Jungkook's large hand running across the span of my back and it somewhat comforts me.

The line goes quiet for awhile before my dad speaks up once again.