Eight

Taehyung's pov:

I sat rocking my legs idly on the barely moving swing. The park was quiet, no one wanting to take their children out to play when the temperatures are almost below freezing.

The breeze was gentle but deathly. It made my ears burn and nose sting whenever I breathed in. But I found it comforting in a slightly sadistic way.

I let out a sigh of I don't know what. Relief? Sadness?

The sun was beginning to set and I could just make out it's disappearing shadow behind the clouds in the distance. A lot has happened since slipping in front of Jungkook today at lunch.

Jungkook had to pull me out of my space just before the bell went. However I was lucky as I had his class next. For some odd reason I didn't feel like I wanted the ground to swallow me up whole when I had realised what had happened. In a surprising turn of events I felt relieved. I hadn't felt that calm and relaxed in weeks and god knows I needed it.

Jungkook was so kind and caring about the whole thing. Making sure I was alright and checking up on me throughout his lesson. I'm not sure why I was so worked up about him knowing before. Maybe Jimin was right. I felt different with him in little space than I do with my friends also. I felt safe and loved like I do with my hyung's, but he had this protectiveness that just made me want to stay little. Stay in Jungkook's arms?

It's weird I know. He's my art professor, but there's just something about him that I can't seem to shake my mind of.

When the last bell went to indicate the end of college, I made my way to Haru's nursery like I usually have for the last few weeks. If I start the 25 minute walk the second college ends, I can just about get there in time for Haru's class to finish.

However once I got there, around 5 minutes later than I would've hoped, I was surprised to be told that Haru had already been picked up. My dad had already gotten him earlier.

This was surprising as well as slightly relieving. My dad has not been coming home from work until the late hours of the evening recently so why has he got Haru? However it'll be nice to see him. It would of also been helpful if he had told me as his nursery is the complete opposite direction from the house when I leave college. It would of saved me an all round 45 minute trip. But regardless I was relieved that I didn't have to carry Haru the whole way home. He's light but my recent lack of eating and constantly floating head space makes it's difficult for me to carry anything at the moment.

Once I had gotten myself home, the sun was just beginning to set. I pulled my keys out and unlocked the door. I'm not sure what I was expecting when I got in but the sight I was greeted with wasn't it.

Suitcases.

Two suitcases were by the bottom of the stairs, followed by a duffel bag.

"dad?" I called out, hanging up my coat and bag whilst eyeing the luggage suspiciously. Were we going somewhere?

"where have you been?" my dads agitated voice greeted me, he walked out of the kitchen holding Haru on his hip. He was eating a chocolate biscuit, getting the crumbs all over his face and looking absolutely adorable.

"h-haru's nursery. I thought I was picking him up?" I asked quietly, not wanting to anger my father.

"why would you think you were doing that?" he spat.