Six

Jungkook's pov:

Taehyung didn't show up for class today.. At first I thought it was because he was waiting for the halls to clear. Taehyung was either early, the first one here, or late by a few minutes, waiting for the halls to become less crowded. I noticed this a few months ago and there was no in between for him.

My eyes shoot to my classroom door at the slightest of sounds, hoping the shy petite boy would just walk in.

However I gave up 40 minutes into my lesson when he still hadn't showed up. I quietly sighed and slid into my desk chair. The quiet chatter amongst my students filled the room and i'm sure one had their hand up to get my attention. However I was too busy deep in thought.

Taehyung's avoiding me..

"I knew this would happen" I whisper to myself. What do I do? I'm not even sure if he came to college today or not.. If I don't sort this out now it could worsen, what if Taehyung never comes to my class again?

-

Seokjin's pov:

"Taebaby please, you need to calm down" I plead with the distraught little.

He was strapped into his high chair in my attempt to get some actual food into his system. It'll give him the strength to fight this bug he has. However, the thought of food has made Taehyung hysterical.

His face is red and puffy, contorted in discomfort. His eyes are bloodshot and his cheeks are stained in hot tears. He was getting himself seriously worked up to the point of hyperventilating and it was starting to concern me.

"little one shh it's okay, the food will make you feel better" I reassure him, pushing the bowl of baby food closer to him.

"no!" he screamed, pushing the bowl harshly and sobbing loudly. The bowl fell to the floor with a loud crash and the sound made Taehyung cry harder. The food splattered everywhere.

"Taehyung i'm letting this slide because you're poorly and in pain, but you need to calm yourself down. You're making your fever even worse" I sighed, bending down to be eye level with him, back of my hand on his forehead.

Taehyung didn't listen, too lost in his confusion and pain. He pushed my hand away and choked on his loud sobs, eyes darting around the room.

I needed to calm him down. Needed to do it now before it becomes dangerous.

"okay baby you win" I tell him, unbuckling his straps and pulling him out of the chair into my arms, placing him on my hip. I tried to quieten his cries. The louder they got the worse his physical and mental health deteriorated. It's dangerous to be so upset for so long in little space.

"shh shh alright baby I got you" I coo, bouncing him slightly on my hip. He just buried his head into my shoulder and cried louder, little hand gripping my jumper tight.

My eyes look up to my balcony. The skies were grey and the air foggy. The high rise block was usually famous for its view of Seoul. One of the reasons Namjoon and I bought this apartment. However today you could only make out the shadows of the skyscrapers, towering in the distance. The fog looked eery but also in an odd way, soothing.

I suddenly got an idea, taking it into action without hesitation. Anything to stop the pleads of pain from this little one.

Walking over to the balcony, I slid open the glass door, stepping straight out. I held Taehyung closer to my body, hoping some fresh air would ease his mind.

I was right.

The air wasn't freezing but it was fresh. The fog filled breeze brushed over his face and I could see him visibly relax. His loud sobs slowly but surely turned into sniffles, and his tears started to dry on his cheeks. I breathed a sigh of relief at the silence. Finally.