The Nutcase

Yuletide Season is one of the special events in a year when everyone gathered. Everyone's celebrating it with a genuine smile and a beautiful heart. But that wasn't the time for telling their drama. I am here for collecting some scenes for my work. Holding my Dslr, I took a couple of pictures of my neighbors. A grandmother with her granddaughter and a pregnant woman. They're happy sitting on the bench while their eyes was on the street where some of the kids are doing their caroling. I took a glance at my wristwatch and I saw that it was already 10:00 in the evening. Two hours before Christmas Eve.

I turned around for stretching my shoulder when someone hand's tapping on my shoulder. As I stood up to that someone, it was Azrei who was staring at me with his playful smile. "Hey Aisle, Merry Christmas." He blurted. I raised an eyebrow at him he chuckled afterward and pinched my nose.

"It's a holiday but are you still at your work? Why don't you take a rest and feel the Christmas Season once and for all?" Azrei asked before taking the DSLR camera in my hand. 

"I thought, I should be the one who should tell you that to you. You're a detective and you're not even solving a murder case inside our village.  I hope you'll pay attention to that, not for this Christmas holiday." I mumble and he just chuckled.

"The culprit is too smart an ass that I'm in the middle of confusion. But hell yeah, before Christmas ends, I'm going to catch the culprit, effortlessly." Azrei uttered in a serious tone. I whistle to his word and take back the Dslr from his hand.

"Mind your own business, buddy," I told him before taking my leave. Azrei murmurs something that I just ignore. I'm not in the mood for his arrogance. Yes, he's my friend but he's a pain in the ass.

I am walking to the alley when a ball went on my feet. I even squat to take it, not knowing that the daughter of my neighbor was the owner of the ball. I smiled at her and she just give me a sharp look. "Hi baby," I said with a smile. I'm being polite.

"Don't touch my ball." She said in her cold voice which almost makes me goosebumps. Before I could react, she hurriedly take the ball and leave me speechless. 

My eyes went to the whole village, where the Christmas lights are blinking and the humans are busy with their Noche Buena. I could see it clearly from where I stood because every each of the windows and doors are open. I heavily sighed before my gaze went to my DSLR. I stilled when something popped up in my head.

I run to my house and hurriedly went straight to my room. Then, I open my laptop and started creating a scene. A mischievous smile forms on my lips. The clock is ticking. I focus on my manuscript when I heard something noises from my back. When I turn my back to check on it, there was nothing,  just only my reflection in my human-size mirror.

I glance at my wall clock once again and it's already 11:00 pm. One hour before  Christmas. I stand up and went to my cabinet, scanning for my jacket and I choose the Red jacket that represents Christmas. I went out to my house and decided to roam around the village. It was a quiet night yet, the happy laughter of neighbors are spreading to the area. There, I saw Ms. Elraucht. The entitled sister in our Village. She was busy throwing the garbage when she recognized my presence. I just nod at her before I could pass by on her area. I'm not rude. I just don't feel to have small talk with sisters. Ain't rude but everyone could think of it that way. As I walked to the dark area in the Alley, a couple of loud screaming echoed. I was shocked that I even go back to the garbage area where I found the dead body of my sister. I looked around and no one are there. Before I could ask for help, I ran away.

The moment that I was in my room, I peeped out my window where the police car was already parked in front of my neighbor's house. Some of my neighbors are busy gossiping about what happened to Ms. Elraucht. Therefore,  my gaze went to the kid who has a cold aura. She was looking at me. telling me that I was the one to blame. My gaze turns to her mother, a pregnant woman who's now crying for her mother. The grandmother of that kid who's now having the handcuffs. She's in the thorn of two policemen. They were all crying except the baby who still eyeing me. I felt my hand shiver at what was happening. I was roaming around earlier and I'm not even expecting something horrible to happen to sister Elraucht. I close my window before I take a heavily sighed.

It didn't take a lot of minutes when someone knocked on my door. I was absent-minded that I didn't have the guts to move my feet on the floor and a pair of black shoes appeared in front of me. My eyes were laid on the blue jeans with the black shoes. I don't even know why I'm trembling. Therefore, Azrei held my chin to meet his gaze.

"I told you to feel the Christmas holidays, aren't I?" Azrei asked with his calm voice. A tear fell down my cheeks. He wipes it using his thumb before kissing me on my forehead. But before he step back, He whispered something horrible in my ears. "Now, do your manuscript without actual scenery. Don't do any stupid again or the culprit will take you to hell. Merry Christmas, Aisle."

The loud sound of fireworks wakes me up. When I get up myself from napping, I searched for my DSLR and my laptop. But my eyes stopped on the screen of my laptop.

"Let's make Christmas something new. Christmas is fun and enjoyable, what about let's butt in? Let's this Christmas be a mystery." I was reading it when something different noise approached our Village. I stood up and went to my window, only to find out what was happened.

My neighbors were crowding the pregnant woman who was now bathing her blood. She was shot! I was about to leave my window when someone caught my attention. A shadow of a human!  I hurriedly went out to my house and started ringing the contact of the ambulance. After a few more minutes of being panicked, The kid with her grandmother took me away from the pregnant woman and they tie me up?! What the hèck?! What happened? What's going on here? I was trying to protest and make myself free to walk by myself but they didn't let me. In the end, something smacked my head and I fainted.

I woke up when cold water splashed on me. I was almost out of breath. As I get up myself from lying, A pair of black shoes appeared. Before I stood up to see the owner of that shoes, a gun was pointed at my head which I stilled.

"You're planning to frame your neighbor including the kid, grandmother, and the pregnant woman just to hide your secrets huh?"  Azrei uttered in his sarcastic tone.

I didn't speak, I just remain silent and waited for him to burst his confessions.  Nah, he's a pain in the ass. But perfectly entitled as the gullible detective.

"Have you done solving the murder case of Sister Elraucht? I guess not?" I said as a matter of fact.

"Aisle. What happens to you? Why did you kill them?" Azrei asked in so much frustration. I can sense it but I don't care.

"I'm bored. My manuscript is boring so I made the content to be in reality and I did, in just a smooth way."  I said nonchalantly and burst my laugh. I even held my tummy for so much happiness. My tears came out though.

"I made a masterpiece with the real blood on my hand. Aren't you proud of me, my friend?" I asked him with a smile. This time, I looked at his face and he was angry but with a pitiful stare. I shook my head at his manipulation action. I'm done enough with hooman manipulation! I took the opportunity to take his gun and pointed it at him. He's expressions are surprised by my action.

"You're detective yet you deceive by me. How pathetic you are Azrei. You're a pain in the ass and I don't want you to meld with my plan. Christmas is enjoyable and I want to butt in this gonna be the perfect holiday for you, Merry Christmas!"

After telling my last words to him. I hurriedly pulled the trigger on the gun and shoot him in the chest. My tears fell down my cheeks while seeing Azrei is now dying in front of me. This cruel life? You only have two options. You're being killed or you would kill. He's trying to solve the murder case but ended up killed by a writer.

───────────

A/n; I'm not good in English medium but I try to make one. This piece is purely made by me. Do not plagiarised my work(s) without my consent. If you want poaching it, let me know then. I'm open for criticism too. Thank you!