Chapter 12

"They're getting married?"

Eun Sook exclaimed during breakfast. Mirae looked at her mother wondering who was getting married.

"Whom are you talking about?"

Mirae asked her mother waiting for a response.

"Here, looks like we have a wedding to attend soon"

Her mother replied to her, handing her the wedding card. Reading the names on the invitation card made Mirae choke on her breakfast.

"I mean I know they were engaged and all but why did I feel like they wouldn't get married?"

Mirae asked herself aloud. Her mother simply shrugged confused as well.

"Mirae did you not wonder why Seokhoon didn't come to school with us?"

Seokyung asked her best friend as the two walked towards their class.

"I did, but I thought he probably had something to do so he..."

"He did have something to do, he had to come to school with his girlfriend"

Seokyung said which cause Mirae to choke on the gummies she was eating. People needed to stop surprising her with stuff while she was eating.

"Seokhoons dating someone?"

Mirae asked looking at Seokyung. This news was completely new to her.

"I don't know if there are real feelings involved, to me I think it's just a protest against the marriage."

"How is Seokhoon dating a protest against the marriage?"

Mirae asked ignoring the weird feeling she was feeling when she herd about Seokhoons new girlfriend but then again he was quite popular and handsome it was only a matter of time before he had gotten himself a girlfriend.

"Kim Mirae you're very gullible do you know that?"

"No I don't"

"Seokhoon is 'dating' Ha Eunbyeol"

Seokyung said after sighing because of Mirae's response. Mirae looked at Seokyung a billion thoughts running through her head. Now was Seokhoon still going along with her idea or had he actually caught feelings for Eunbyeol? Seokyung's voice brought her back to the real world.

"There she is, I need to talk to her about this, I can't let Seokhoon get hurt because of her"

Seokyung said handing Mirae her books she was holding and walking towards Eunbyeol. Mirae waited for Seokyung to come back. Mirae understood where Seokyung was coming from, if Seokhoon and Eunbyeol were really dating to protest against the marriage, Joo Dan Tae would never let this matter go easily and the one he'd hurt would be Seokhoon. Mirae wondered if this was her fault, she decided to talk to Seokhoon later about ending all this, Seokyung was right this was indeed dangerous for Seokhoon.

Mirae brought herself back to the real world when she spotted Seokyung coming back wiping a few stray tears on her face.

"Are you okay?"

Mirae asked her best friend.

"Yeah I just hope nothing happens to Seokhoon, I know I won't be able to bear that"

"Don't worry, he's going to be fine, Nothings going to happen to him"

Mirae said not knowing whom exactly she was trying to assure.

"Did you say Ms. Oh Yoon Hee called you two to talk about something?"

Mirae asked Seokhoon who had just told her that they wouldn't be able to go home together today because Oh Yoon Hee had called the twins to meet.