Chapter 15: Found You

Start from the beginning

"You may fuck right off Weasley." I warned him. 

"What? What did I do?!" Garreth exclaimed. 

"Erm, the shortage? Hogsmeade got really messed up with the goblins, so the shipments were stopped, there was outcry about it in the profit, didn't you see?" Poppy asked him. 

"Yeah, it's a touchy subject in here right now." I sighed. 

"Four giggle waters then." Garreth proudly asked. 

"You're not old enough to drink." I shot to him. 

"Oh come on (L/N)" He pleaded with those green eyes, as I was tempted to give in. 

"No." I replied, as I began pouring some butterbeer for them. "How come you're all here then?"

"Came to see you of course." Sebastian smiled as I slid him his glass. "Cheers love." He said in passing, but the others took notice, but I paid no mind to it. It was normal for him to talk like that. His eyes flashed to me for a moment, as he froze. I sat a cup before Poppy. She thanked me. 

"What?" I asked Sebastian. 

"The ring." He let the words escape his lips. "When did you get that?" He asked. 

I went to answer with a lie. But Ominis, had jumped in before me. With the dreaded truth. 

"I gave it to her," He admitted, as looks were shot to him, not that he would notice. "We do match after all." Ominis slowly lifted his hand to show the silver band. I saw the look of confusion upon Poppy and Sebastian, but Garreth seemed to find it funny in a way. But Sebastians eyes turned from confusion, to realisation. He had worked out that I got it from the Gaunts. 

"Were you wearing it during practice?" Sebastian asked, I nodded. 

"Well of course I was." I mumbled, setting down a cup before Ominis, and then Garreth. 

"How come I didn't see it then?" Sebastian snapped. 

"Oh? Think your eyes were elsewhere Sallow." I laughed, but the others caught on too quick for my liking. 

Sebastians eyebrows furrowed in annoyance, as a heat rose in his cheeks. "Did you hear that (Y/N)s a prefect now? Oh, and she got Os in all of her exams." Sebastian lifted his cup, looking right at me, as I gave him a death glare, but he just took one long drink. 

"Why didn't you send me a letter telling me?" Garreth called

"But I thought you said you just passed!" Poppy exclaimed.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Ominis pleaded. 

I let their remarks calm, as I began to explain. "Natty got struck off, so they needed someone new, then my OWLs were just a lucky thing, yes I studied like crazy, but that was because I has that field guide- and people helping me- I couldn't have done that on my own!" I explained. 

"Of course you could have (Y/N), you're an amazing witch." Ominis remarked. 

"Thanks Ominis." I smiled as I spoke. Noticing the faint waft of mint coming from him. I leaned against the wall behind the bar, crossing my arms. 

"Ominis is right (L/N) you were doing great on your own." Garreth smiled. 

"And when were the pair of you going to tell me you were prefects? Had to find that out through Sallow here!" I threw my hands in the air, Garreth laughed, whilst Ominis was sliding his finger across the cream on his butterbeer. 

"Just slipped my mind." Ominis smiled. 

"Eventually." Garreth smirked. 

"And pay up by the way, this isn't a free ride." I reminded them, as they all forked over their knuts, sickels and galleons. Putting them in the till, I let them have their change. I noticed Poppy looking over her shoulder out the window, as she gulped the remainder of the butterbeer, then clamoured to her feet. 

"Sorry- have to go, gran wanted me home before dark." Poppy explained, as I hugged her goodbye. I then turned, picking up her dirty glass, setting it in the sink. As Garreth and Sebastian were staring at me. 

"...what..?" I asked. 

"Nothing!" They spoke at once. My eyes narrowed. I let it pass, trying not to think about it. 

"Who do you reckon the new captains going to be for Ravenclaw?" Sebastian asked Garreth. 

"To be honest, I don't think they've got one yet, they need to get back on their brooms if they want to best Gryffindor." Garreth sipped at his butterbeer. 

"I think you mean Slytherin." Sebastian piped up. 

"No I meant Gryffindor."

"Slytherin!"

"Gryffindor!"

"Slytherin!" 

Sebastian and Garreth had gone into their own squabbles, as I leaned down, brushing a hair from Ominis' face. "Are you alright?" I whispered to him. 

"I'm fine." Ominis admitted. His finger rimming his cup. His face warming. 

Garreth and Sebastian went back and fourth for ages, eventually, they began finishing up for the night, I swept their cups from them, as I smiled. "I better be seeing you all sooner than later." I smiled. 

"Oh, don't you worry. You will be." Garreth winked, I laughed, Sebastian glanced, as Ominis was running his fingers along the wood grains on the table. They all got to their feet. "I'll see you later." Sebastian smiled, throwing his arms around me, hugging me a bit too tight that I would have preferred. Eventually he let go, smiling, as he headed to the door. 

"I'll be back before you know it, I promise." Garreth explained with a small smile, pulling me in for a smaller, lighter hug. Sebastian and Garreth were almost out when my name was called. 

"(Y/N)?" Ominis called out, I turned. 

"Yes-?"

Ominis had scooped up my hand, and pulled it to his mouth, kissing the side of my wrist. "I'll be with you all once more soon enough." He cooed, I blushed, slowly pulling my hand hand away. 

"Yeah- That's great." I fumbled nervously. I hadn't expected that. Ominis just smiled. "Bye."

"Goodbye." Ominis charmed once more, as the three boys then trooped out, closing the door, and when they had closed it, it seemed as if they had all exploded. I could barely make out who was saying what. 

"What was that Gaunt?"

"What's with the rings?"

"You had her at the party- that's not fair!"

"You hugged her so tight you nearly killed her."

"Oh she loves it."

"I'm sure she doesn't."

Slowly, the voices drained away, I gave a small subtle laugh, rolling my eyes, as I began cleaning once more.