Chapter 21: You don't know what you did to me

Start from the beginning

"Before that," he said and parked the car aside.

"What?"

"You are going on a date with Samarthya? What do you see in him?" I got a little surprised as I have never received such queries from Abhimanyu.

"It wasn't my plan. He kept on asking me out 3-4 times. And I have like said to him no two times. How does it seem to keep denying someone who keeps on asking? And I had no intention of getting him against me. What if he gets to know our plan? After all, what we are doing is indeed illegal."

"Dating him won't let him choose you over Shivani. She is one of his close friends"

"I'm not dating him, we are just going to have dinner and we won't see each other again."

"What if he pulls you to his bed?"

"I know how to make people dislike me. To avoid further dates"

We both laughed. He started driving again towards his home.

"Why did you take the time to ask this question?" I asked.

"Just needed to clarify. I don't want you to get diverted from what we are doing"

"Yeah"

He drove and Went straight to his house. Before getting down from the car I saw Abhimanyu taking out an alcohol bottle under his seat.

"You are going to drink now?" I asked. He drank some and replied, "really need some confidence to face her" he handed me the bottle and I kept away.

"I'm fine," I said and we got out of his car.

I saw Shivani looking at us from the window. She might have thought something else than what we came for.

"Hi, Shivani. I have good news for you" I greeted Shivani as she opened the door. She let us come in.

"Where did you find him?" Shivani asked.

"I'm coming with him from his office. Talk with him, he's going to be the husband you wanted"

"I'm not getting it" Shivani looked confused.

"Let me explain. You would like to close the case. Your husband is yours. Be good to him and he will be good to you. I talked with him quite a few times and trust me, you will love to see the difference"

"He didn't do anything this morning. How can he change suddenly?" Shivani asked and I suddenly saw Abhimanyu walking from my side towards Shivani and he kissed her. On her lips. I was like standing in shock. I couldn't believe my eyes. This wasn't in our plan. I didn't know about it. Why is he doing it? Did he make up his mind of staying with her? When did this happen? I stood in shock watching him kiss her. They were lost in the kiss and I felt betrayed. I felt like an uninvited person there. I didn't make any sound and walked out of the house. I took my bags from his car and walked out of the gate. I even looked back to check if he is coming behind me, but he didn't. I was heartbroken. I ran out of the place and got into a cab. "To the station," I said and looked outside to hold down my tears. The sun was Orange. Clouds were making an aesthetic sky but the only thing I could see was Abhimanyu kissing Shivani. I couldn't keep the scene away in front of my eyes. It was the only thing I could see.

On the weekend night, I sat in front of Samarthya one of the most expensive restaurants in the town. I showed up in black jeans and a red shirt. I did not put much effort to get ready as the way my last few days were spent being a sad lonely soul. I was just doing the formality of showing up. I received my payment for Shivani's case from the organization. I lost all hope in Abhimanyu. David called me twice. I didn't pick up. I didn't know what to say to him.

Samarthya ordered for us. I told him my food habits so he didn't order any nonveg items. I feel good when people let go of non-veg in front of me. It reminded me of Abhimanyu. He did the same last week. I got sad again. But Samarthya saw something wrong in me and tried cracking jokes. I laughed seeing him. Though his jokes weren't funny, I did them for formalities.

"You have nice humor," I said to him.

"Thank you. My humor comes out automatically in front of beautiful women." Yes, it was cringe but I smiled awkwardly.

"So, how's work going?" He asked.

"As usual. Nothing exciting. Normal workdays."

"And for you, it extends to weekends too"

We both laughed. Mine was fake. The waiter placed all our orders in front of us and it was me to take the first bite. I wasn't hungry, I was just trying to keep Abhimanyu's face, thoughts, and memories away from my head. We started eating and my eye went near the door. I saw someone getting in. I couldn't see the face initially, his figure interested me. But when he walked towards our table, I got to see his face. It was no one else than Abhimanyu. He came and stood right in front of our table. I wasn't expecting him. What does he have to do here? Are they plotting against me now?