𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒

Start from the beginning

"And what about your mother?"

"What do you mean?"

Looking back at Scott, Derek said, "tell her, Scott".

Looking back at her, Scott didn't say anything, Allison, confused, asked, "what does he mean Scott".

Seeing as this was starting to transform into a very personal discussion, one in which he wished to take absolutely no part, Alistair decided to interrupt, "well, just so you all know, I'm not any kind of inexperienced amateur. I know exactly what we're dealing with. I have people already waiting for them to control the situation. When this, whatever it is, is done, go to the preserve and do something useful". After saying that, Alistair sarcastically smiled, and nodding walked out under the impressed look of the others.

(...)

In the middle of the preserve, David was bending on his knees, taking in the full moon's power to sharpen his senses, especially his hearing, after starting to hear the growls and grunting that came through the night's silence, he gave his family directions to take, he went alone, as did John, while Esther and Michelle were together.

He was taking a direction when children's screams pierced thought the night. He followed the screams, which were coming from the same direction as the scent he was following before.

When he approached, he saw a black man, a werewolf, circling a tin house in the middle of the forest. From the inside, he could hear the children's erratic beating hearts. Suddenly, the man grabbed the bottom of the house and used all his force to rip it off the ground, seeing the kids and growling at them, ready to tear them to shreds. The kids screamed in fear, stumbling back, too scared to even try to find a way out. Completely paralyzed.

Soundlessly, on the floor, a jar filled with fireflies rolled, freeing them in front of the beast. The man, in his mindless state, tried to fight the flying and glowing insects, giving Alistair the opening he needed to fire an explosive arrow in front of him, liberating a set of blinding light, making him stumble back and fall on his ass, rubbing his eyes.

Acting fast, David sprinted from the back, grabbing the kids, and taking them to the entrance of the reserve.

(...)

After twenty minutes stationed in the top of a tree in the west part of the reserve, John heard the coming growls, he then saw a blond woman running and grunting, hunting, but with no direction or established prey. She was a mere ball of mindless instincts running in search for blood.

He had previously installed a series of sounding devices that emitted a frequency only werewolves could hear. This sounds, mixed with the scent of fresh blood that John left previously, caused Erika to divert from her original way, which was easy, as she had non, unconsciously following the path John marked into a clearing.

John followed Erika, jumping from tree to tree like a ninja from a cliché oriental movie. Effortlessly, with such precision and elegance, showing his whole life of training.

When Erika arrived at the clearing, John threw two daggers covered in wolfsbane at her from behind. The daggers pierced though the clothing, skin, and finally the flesh of her back. He heard her grunting in pain while trying to take the daggers out.

Taking advantage of the distracted state of the werewolf, John approached from behind, soundlessly, with a mastered stealth.

Once he has at arm's reach, he bent his knees and extending his right leg, he twisted his body, using his leg to destabilize her, making her fall to the ground. Seconds later, she turned and growled at him, showing her glowing yellow eyes, and throwing her clawed hand trying to hit him.