Chapter 41: Vali Hates His Life

Zacznij od początku

I shrugged. "I guess."

Trinity nodded. "They're rare Pokemon, so why not."

Trinity and I proceeded to let out Gengar, Golurk, and Trevenant, who all immediately made Professor Cerise's eyes sparkle. The three of them looked at us with confused looks as Professor Cerise did a whole variety of tests and scans.

"The only other person I know who has a massive Golurk is my former research fellow, Goh," Professor Cerise explained. "But this Golurk is somehow bigger. It's even worth the hole it made in the roof."

"Yeah, sorry about that," I said. I forgot how massive Golurk was and let it out, creating a massive hole in the roof.

"It's fine, we can repair that easily," Professor Cerise assured.

Trinity and I returned the three Pokemon.

Professor Cerise sat down on his chair and checked his monitor. "One Pokemon registered in your Legend Dex, Vali, that's very—" he froze as his eyes settled on something.

My fist thought was: "Oh shit."

"Vali, you encountered Darkrai?!" Professor Cerise questioned.

Now it was Trinity's turn to be surprised. "Wait, what the hell? When was this?"

"Well, uh, let's just say that Darkrai appeared in Professor Carolina's office and I had to fight it, but I couldn't catch it," I explained.

"You encountered two Mythicals in the span of three days," Professor Cerise said, looking impressed.

"I'm surprised," Trinity said wryly. "He has the worst luck in the world."

"Yeah, you're right about that," I grumbled.

"Another thing, Vali," Professor Cerise said. "What did you talk about with Professor Carolina?"

"I found out what the golden energy is," I said.

"You did?" Trinity's eyes widened.

Professor Cerise leaned forward. I knew that he was also curious about the strange energy that pervaded through me.

I proceeded to explain to them about the Frenzy and how I could use it to empower my Pokemon.

"The Frenzy..." Professor Cerise said idly. "Something like this hasn't happened since Sinnoh was called Hisui. It happened through a space-time rift, but there is no space-time rift, at least to my knowledge."

"I don't know," I lied, shrugging.

"Well, that's one mystery solved, anyway."

"Val, what about my abnormal energy?" Trinity asked.

I shook my head. "We still don't know."

She sighed. "I guess we just have to keep searching."

"Yeah," I grimly agreed. "We just have to keep going."

***

Trinity's POV

After the talk with Professor Cerise, Vali and I headed back to our rooms, utterly exhausted from the constant life-or-death situations.

But the thought of not knowing what the source of my strange energy was kept nagging me. What could it possibly be?

The voice in my head continued to ring through my mind. I knew that Vali has been having similar visions.

"Let the darkness take over the hearts of your Pokemon," the terrible voice had said to her.

"This is what Vali feels, isn't it?" I said softly as I laid on my bed.