chapter thirty one

CHAPTER THIRTY ONE: SHE WAS CALM

I clenched my hands into fists as I looked far ahead of me in attempt to see any movement from the enemy. The atmosphere was eerily silent, no one dared to move a muscle.

By my side was everyone who intended on saving the world. T'Challa definitely helped by requesting some backup, this was not going to be an easy fight.

I watched as Steve, Nat and T'Challa walked over to the barrier, attempting to talk the creatures out of the fight.

Bucky nudged my shoulder softly, giving me a small nod. I knew it was to help calm me down, even if I could feel the nerves coming off of him in waves.

I whipped my head back ahead of me, seeing the large spaceships beginning to move. The sound they made was deafening-it was metal grinding against metal. I felt the need to cover my ears, but I didn't. I kept my hands by my sides, stiff.

Steve, Natasha and T'Challa took that as a sign to walk back over in line. We watched as the spaceships slowly raised, Bucky turning his head to Steve. "They surrender?"

Steve sighed, "not exactly."

T'Challa chanted something in Xhosa, the people behind us doing the same. The creatures ahead of us took it as a threat, one of them lowering their sword.

Immediately after, vicious creatures began to pour out of the forrest ahead like a liquid, many of them running over each other. "What the hell?" Bucky muttered.

Natasha sighed, "looks like we pissed her off."

The creatures began to crash into the barrier that protected Wakanda, recklessly attempting to rip a hole in it. Some of them split in half, some losing limbs. Not one managed to get through the barrier in one piece.

Okoye's eyes widened, "they're killing themselves."

Eventually, a few of the creatures managed to squeeze through the barrier. Somehow. They screeched in triumph, almost as if they were laughing at our shocked faces.

The Wakandan's held up blue shields that were made from high tech. They looked exactly like the barrier that surrounded Wakanda. T'Challa shouted something in Xhosa, and the Wakandan's immediately complied by firing at the creatures with their high tech spears.

Not long after, everyone else got involved. The sound of Bucky's gun to my left was incredibly loud, causing my ear to ring. I focused on the creatures ahead, holding my hands out to fire light beams at them.

"Cap, if these things circle the perimeter and get in behind us... there's nothing between them and Vision." Bruce panicked over the comms, watching as the creatures began to circle Wakanda.

"Then we better keep 'em in front of us." Steve replied, glaring at each alien that he saw.

"How do we do that?" Okoye questioned.

T'Challa frowned softly, "we open the barrier." He raised a hand up to his ear, speaking to someone else in the building that was behind us. "On my signal, open north-west section seventeen." He paused, "on my signal."

"This will be the end of Wakanda." M'Baku sighed.

"Then it will be the noblest ending in history." Okoye stated, her eyes as slits.

T'Challa shouted something in Xhosa, and the Wakandan's lowered their shields. He slowly walked to the front of the crowd, pausing to look at the creatures ahead. "Wakanda forever!" He held his hands over his chest in an 'X' before letting his helmet form over his face.