chapter twelve

CHAPTER TWELVE: THE VISION

Steve, the twins and I were storming through the Avengers tower, looking for Tony. Knowing him, he's either doing something really smart or really stupid.

We finally reached his location to see him and Bruce doing something with the cradle-which I immediately assumed to be bad. Wasn't the whole point of getting it to get rid of it?

"I'm gonna say this once." Steve announced.

"How about 'none-ce'?" Tony shot back.

"Shut it down!"

"Nope, not gonna happen." Tony was always so stubborn.

"You don't know what you're doing." Steve argued, while the twins and I stood behind him. I gave Wanda a wary look as we watched them fight.

"And you do?" Bruce asked smartly. "She's not in your head?" He directed that towards Wanda.

Wanda glared, but tried to stay as calm as she could. "I know you're angry." She said lowly, taking a step forwards.

"Oh, we're way past that." Bruce raised a brow at her, "I could choke the life out of you and never change a shade." He mumbled darkly. My eyes widened at the statement.

"Banner," Steve started, walking towards him. "After everything that's happened-"

"It's nothing compared to what's coming!" Tony interrupted.

"You don't know what's in there!" Wanda shouted.

"This isn't a game."

At this point everyone was shouting over each other, trying to prove their point. I was just getting a headache. Pietro glanced at me, a mischievous glint in his eyes. I sighed softly before nodding, "go ahead." I muttered.

In a flash, Pietro ran around the room, unplugging cords from the cradle before I could even process what was happening. Once he stopped, he held a cord in his hand as he stood close to Bruce. There was a beeping noise indicating something was wrong with the softwares, there was no doubt that it was Pietro's fault.

"No, no. Go on." He smirked, his accent thick. "You were saying?" Before anyone could argue, there was a gunshot that came from beneath Pietro, pulling him through the glass floor as it shattered.

"Pietro!" Wanda screamed in concern as she took a step forwards.

The beeping sound got louder as everyone looked around the room, anticipating what would happen next.

"I'm rerouting the upload." Tony told Bruce before turning around to his computer. Steve was quick to throw his shield; it started bouncing off the walls and equipment set up in the room. Tony got an armoured glove, managing to fire it at Steve, which sent him flying back, while Wanda was being attacked by Bruce.

I turned my head to see Thor running into the room, seeming like he had a plan. Where the hell has he been? Although, I had no idea what it was, this peaked my interest.

Thor ran over to the cradle before jumping on top of it, he raised his hammer in the air, summoning lightning. "Wait!" Bruce shouted in panic.

Thor didn't wait, instead, he brought down the hammer on the cradle and surrounded it with lightning. Within a few seconds he stopped as we all stared at it.

The cradle blew up, knocking me back into a wall before I fell to the ground. I coughed, struggling to catch my breath. I groaned in pain as I looked up to see a man crouching on the cradle.