chapter twenty five

CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE: THE KISS

I stretched out my arms and legs as I got out of the car. My eyes landed on Clint. I smiled at the sight of him, but I couldn't help but feel guilty as he was originally retiring. "Cap." He greeted as Steve got out of the car as well, Sam and Bucky trailing behind.

"You know I wouldn't have called if I had any other choice." Steve said honestly as he shook Clint's hand.

Clint nodded, "hey, man, you're doing me a favour." He shrugged, turning to Wanda as she got out of the van, "besides, I owe a debt." I smiled at the girl. I took a moment to look at her outfit, her skirt was blowing in the wind, and her hair was loosely curled. She looked pretty.

Steve turned to Wanda, "thanks for having my back."

Wanda shrugged, her lips turned upwards into a smirk, and her arms crossed, "it was time to get off my ass."

"Is that Wanda?" Bucky turned to me with a hushed voice. After all this time apart, he wants to talk about girls? I thought to myself, chuckling inwardly.

"Bucky," I turned to him as I pushed his shoulder softly, "literally, just shut up." I hissed, a small chuckle escaped his lips.

Bucky shrugged, "what? She's cute." He looked forward, pretending to look like he was paying attention. "I was just curious."

I squinted at him for a moment, "yeah, I know she is."

"How about our other recruit?" Steve asked Clint.

Clint walked over to the van, "he's rarin' to go." He started opening the van door, startling the man inside. "Had to put a little coffee in him... but he should be good."

The man stepped out, stumbling as he did so. A confused look was on his face. "What time zone is this?" His eyes suddenly landed on Steve, his mouth hung wide open at the sight of the man, "Captain America!" He began to shake Steve's hand.

Steve nodded, "Mr. Lang."

Scott let out a soft laugh in disbelief, "it's an honour." He turned to their hands that were still shaking. "I'm shaking your hand too long. Wow! This is awesome!" He turned to Wanda with a smile as he pointed to Steve, "Captain America!" He smiled even wider, "I know you, too. You're great!"

I smiled softly, Wanda seemed to really appreciate the comment. After everything that's happened, and all the people who feared her, Scott Lang managed to cheer her up with a few words.

Scott turned back to Steve, touching his biceps. "Jeez. Ah, look, I wanna say, I know you know a lot of super people, so... thinks for thanking of me." I chuckled at his small mix-up of words.

"Hey, man!" Scott turned to Sam with a small grimace.

"What's up, tic tac?" Sam joked back, his tone bored.

"Uh, good to see you. Look, what happened last time when I..."

"It was a great audition." Sam interupted, "but it'll..." he chuckled, "...it'll never happen again."

"They tell you what we're up against?" Steve turned back to Scott.

"Something about some psycho-assassins?" Scott guessed, causing Steve to shake his head.

"We're outside the law on this one." Steve corrected, "so if you come with us, you're a wanted man."

Scott huffed, "yeah, well, what else is new?"

"We should get moving." Bucky announced with his arm resting on the car.

"We got a chopper lined up." Clint added, stopping when someone started to speak German on the PA.