chapter eleven

CHAPTER ELEVEN: WHAT CHOICE DO WE HAVE?

Well, I thought to myself, Ultron is really damn strong.

"Okay..." I mumbled, "that hurt..." I began to lift myself up off the ground. Steve, on the other hand threw his shield at Ultron with intense force, only for it to come back at him and Ultron with it.

Steve dodged Ultron so he went straight into me instead. I went flying to the back of the train. "Come on, man." I groaned, standing up.

"I'm going in. Guys, can you keep him occupied?" Natasha asked on comms. I looked to see Steve sitting on the floor of the train, groaning in pain as well.

"What do you think we've been doing?" He sighed before pulling himself to his feet.

Ultron sent multiple punches Steve's way as he pinned him to the wall. "Hey!" I shouted as I ran towards him with glowing hands, only for him to push me into an empty seat at the back of the train.

Did this robot seriously just swat me like a bug?

Before I could get up and fight back, a silver line dashed through the train, knocking Ultron down. I looked a few feet in front of me to see Wanda standing there, her face twisted up in anger.

Wanda quickly used her powers to bend the metal in the train, which blocked Ultron off, keeping him from walking forwards. I watched in amazement as the red mist surrounded her hands. Ultron looked back to see Wanda standing there, and he almost looked upset.

As for me, I have never been happier to see Wanda. Pushing what she did to me into the back of my mind, I watched in relief as she stood in front of me, ready to fight with me.

"Please," Ultron's voice was soft, "don't do this."

"What choice do we have?" Wanda sneered, her accent thick.

Ultron was quick to send a blast towards the front of the train. He left in the blink of an eye.

Wanda almost fell back but I quickly came and helped her balance. "You're with us now? What made you change your mind?" I asked, disbelief lacing my voice

"We just... figured it was the right thing to do." She shrugged, sending me a smile. It was no longer wicked, or evil. Her smile was genuine. I felt my cheeks heat up as I avoided her gaze.

At the sound of her gasping, I looked back up. Realization dawned on me, this train was not stopping.

"I lost him!" Steve panicked as he ran to the front of the train. "He's headed your way."

"Nat, we gotta go." Clint said on the comms.

Everyone on the train was thrown back as it crashed into countless buildings, stands and rubble. Wanda and I held the seats in front of us to keep our balance, but it was difficult. I could feel my hands slipping.

"Cap, you see Nat?" Clint panicked.

"If you have the package, get it to Stark! Go!"

"Do you have eyes on Nat?" Clint asked once more.

"Go!"

Steve walked up to us, his breathing heavy, and looked to the twins and I. "Civilians in our path." He looked to Pietro, who immediately ran outside. I blinked in shock. "Can you stop this thing?" He turned to both Wanda and I.

I looked at Wanda, her face was panicked. I nodded for reassurance. I watched as she inhaled, her breathing shaky, but she nodded nonetheless.

I quickly flew out of the train as I raced to the front of it. My plan was to stand at the front of it and... hold it back? It's a shit plan, to be honest.

I watched as the train went through a building before I decided it was time to try. It's now or never.

I flew ahead of the train, pressing my back against it. I used my power to create shields of light down by my feet so I didn't get injured. I also put shields around my sides and hands just in case anything came my way.

My feet dug into the ground, leaving white trails in the pavement as the light seeped into it. I could see red wisps of energy close to my feet, which held the wheels of the train in place as it slowly started to stop.

I let out a scream of exhaustion as I squeezed my eyes shut. Ever so slowly, the train stopped, and I could breathe for a second. I dropped to the ground and leaned my back against the train as I tried to catch my breath.

Pietro was leaning on some boxes nearby, he was trying to catch his breath from all the running he did, and Wanda was quick to check on him. Her hands shook as she placed them on his shoulders.

"Hey!" Steve called out as he ran up to me. "Are you all right? Are you hurt?" He quickly checked for anymore wounds that I might've gotten.

"I'm okay." I sighed. I looked over to see Wanda looking at me with worry before she went back to check on Pietro. Steve helped me stand up so I could start walking over to them.

I nodded at Wanda in hopes that she got my message, and she realized that I was telling her that I was fine so she looked at little more calm after that-whether she read my mind or not, I didn't know.

"The cradle. Did you get it?" Wanda turned to face Steve.

"Stark will take care of it." Steve nodded.

Wanda looked at him in disbelief before slowly shaking her head. "No he won't." She mumbled, her voice soft. Softer than I had ever heard it before.

Steve just stared a Wanda for a moment before saying, "you don't know what you're talking about. Stark's not crazy."

"He will do anything to make things right." Wanda argued, her lips pulling down in anger. Steve stared at her for a moment before it finally dawned on him.

I watched as Steve turned around before bringing his hand up to his ear. "Stark, come in. Stark." He tried to reach Tony. There was no response. I made my way next to Wanda while she watched him.

"Anyone on comms." Steve tried again.

"Ultron can't tell the difference between saving the world and destroying it..." Wanda tilted her head, "where do you think he gets that?"

-----
lizzie speaks...

hi wanda, welcome back