chapter five

CHAPTER FIVE: THE IRON LEGION

"Stark." Steve mumbled softly as we all stared at the broken robot in front of us.

"JARVIS." Tony mumbled to the AI, trying to figure out what was going on. He got no response.

"I'm sorry, I was asleep. Or... I was a dream?" The bot slurred out as it limped.

Tony continued to try and figure out what the issue was as we all stood our guard. Suddenly, I felt more sober as I glared at the bot. I still swayed slightly, but I was mostly in control. "Reboot Legionnaire OS, we got a buggy suit."

"There was a terrible noise... and I was tangled in... in... strings." The bot seemed angry now. "I had to kill the other guy. He was a good guy."

"You killed someone?" Steve questioned cautiously.

"Wouldn't have been my first call. But, down in the real world we're faced with ugly choices." The lights in the robots mask flickered on and off.

"Who sent you." Thor asked, his grip on his hammer tightened.

The robot then played a recording, "I see a suit of armour around the world." It was very clear that it was Tony's voice.

"Ultron!" Bruce called out in realization.

"In the flesh." The bot held its arms out, before pausing, "or, no, not yet. Not this... chrysalis. But I'm ready. I'm on a mission." Ultron's mangled body stumbled across the front of the room.

"What mission?" Nat asked warily.

Ultron seemed pleased that she asked, "peace in our time." He managed to lift his arms up once more. Just after those four words were spoken, several Iron Legion bots burst through the windows and into the room. They wasted no time in attacking the team and I.

I immediately began to fire blasts of light at the bots, struggling more than usual as I was still drunk. Honestly, I never wanted to drink alcohol again.

One of the robots grabbed me before I could even realize what was going on, and flew off into the air. "Quinn!" Steve shouted from the floor. With quick thinking, I pulled my hands towards my chest as the energy went through me and shot at the Iron Legion, killing it off. I began falling, but before I hit the ground I generated light beams from my hands to soften the fall.

"Are you okay?" Steve asked as I stood up. I nodded to him before we continued fighting. By the end of the fight, we were all tired out, and only the broken bot was left.

"That was dramatic." Ultron stated. This robot was really starting to piss me off. He stood up the best he could. "I'm sorry, I know you mean well. You just didn't think it through. You want to protect the world, but you don't want it to change. How is humanity saved if it's not allowed to... evolve?" Ultron leaned down and picked up an Iron Legion head. "With these... these puppets?" He sneered, aggressively crushing the head.

"There's only one path to peace: the Avengers' extinction." After that, Thor threw his hammer at the body, it broke into pieces before singing a song in an eerie tone.

"I had strings, but now I'm free... there are no strings on me... no strings on me."

✓ | Porcelain.जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें