*Chapter 2*

Turning the corner was a strip of houses lined up along the sidewalk that the six boys happened to live on.

They walked down the sidewalk until they reached a familiar dark blue house with cemented steps that led to the white front door.

Mark was walking in front of them to unlock his door—the others behind them as if they were playing follow the leader or as if Mark was the mama duck who was leading his baby ducklings.

In fact, they were always like that, Mark being the oldest out of the group which deemed him with the title of their 'leader'—the person who puts the others in their place when things go wrong, the person who handles difficult situations, the one who everyone turns to when something happens.

The five of his friends were so close to him; they looked up to him since Mark was the one who created their little friend group to begin with.

Here is how it happened with each person, despite them all being neighbors living on the same block.

Mark was actually in the same math class as Renjun in middle school. The younger always had problems with two certain males in school who kept bothering him to play.

If you guessed right, the two males were Jeno and Jaemin.

Now, Jeno and Jaemin were already best friends before they all became a part of the friend group. And because of this, the two of them did everything together and one of those things that they did, was bother Renjun.

And so after math class one day, Jeno and Jaemin bombarded the shorter male with a snaggletooth at the time with annoying pleas to hang out with him in the playground.

Renjun being the short tempered boy that he is, was about to snap at them for constantly annoying him but just ask Mark was leaving the classroom he stopped to intervene.

Renjun, with his fists balled by his side, huffed.

"Leave me alone! You're both so annoying. Why do you always have to bother me out of the entire sixth grade?!"

Jeno pouted as Jaemin giggled, "because!"

"I'm gonn-"

Renjun was stopped mid sentence with his fist in the air as Mark walked in front of him.

"That won't be necessary. Think about the consequences you'll be in if you do what you're thinking of doing," Mark told him with a raised brow and somehow, that was all it took for Renjun to drop his fist and sigh.

Mark turned around to look at the other two boys who were giggling with each other.

"Why do you guys keep bothering him? Can't you see he doesn't like it? I don't think anyone likes it when people bother them for no reason," Mark stated sternly, the two originally laughing boy's looking at each other as if they were being scolded at.

Jaemin gulped because Mark's serious face scared him.

"We just wanted to play and we always see Renjun by himself playing with no one," Jaemin admitted.

"That's because I don't want to play with anyone and certainly not you two," Renjun remarked with his arms crossed.

"Sorry, Renjun. We won't bother you anymore then," Jeno apologized. It was obvious that there was hurt in his tone but Renjun did not care or at least, that is what he made it seem.

Jeno and Jaemin frowned as Renjun left to go to his next class while Mark looked at the two.

"How about the three of us play together then?" Mark suggested as Jeno and Jaemin's face lit up with excitement.