Chapter 8

The day has come for Gwen. Her first day at Oscorp as an intern. Peter wished her luck through a text and to have fun. Not difficult as they both would be having a field day at this company. She may not have the super nerd exterior but Gwen still is a nerd in mind. Besides, she is slowly creeping into the light to be seen. First with Yui and now a band. She is crawling out of the shadows inch by inch, discovering who she is.

As promised, Yui will accompany her for the day to experience the tour as a plus one. It is mainly to give an impression of what they were doing and their projects. Yui will probably not understand a word, but she said she will wield her sketchbook and pencil to inspire herself. To create and start her own comic series. Gwen won't stop her and as long she does not take any pictures it should be fine.

From the hallway, Gwen heard the ringing of the bell signaling Yui's arrival. She was about to step out of her room when her father's voice reached her. It could only have been him. Helen was buying groceries and her brothers were at school. That stopped her hand in the air, her fingertips barely gracing the metal door handle. Why did she forget this small yet important detail?

It is happening, the father talk I warned her about, Gwen says with a dreadful feeling washing over her. Carefully, Gwen opened her door just enough so the voices could easily be heard.

"Mr. Stacy, a pleasure to see you again," Yui says, her voice natural and not nervous as far as Gwen could tell. Gwen leaned a bit further in to get a peak of what is happening.

"Yes, been some time, hasn't it? Work has kept me quite busy, but it's good to see you again. So, Helen told me you and Gwen started dating."

"Yes, sir. Almost a week, she is a wonderful person I have grown to like, sir. I will do my best to make her happy," Yui's determined and unflinching voice said, Gwen barely saw Yui. She must have been looking determinedly at her father judging from her voice. Gwen felt her cheeks heating up as she continued to listen.

"Good. Be sure you do. I don't want to hear you bring her in trouble, young miss. Especially considering you're an adult. Do we understand each other?"

"Yes, sir. I have no wish to get on your bad side, sir. Let alone Gwen's. I just want us to be happy. And for Gwen to be proud of me, I guess."

Gwen's lips formed a beaming smile, her head felt warmer than before. She is definitely full-on blushing now. How could it not as she practically hears Yui promise to be worthy of her? Gwen never thought someone would say such a thing for her, let alone so soon. Yui must have been saving up some courage over the days because she has never been so smooth in front of others.

"Hmm, you're not lying. Well, I appreciate your honesty. You can come out now, Gwen. Yui is ready to take you to Oscorp."

Gwen almost tripped out of her room from sheer surprise. He saw her peeking at their conversation? Dad and his crazy cop senses. Gwen picked up her backpack and threw it over her shoulder before stepping out. George looked at her with a small smile, but compared to Yui it is almost nonexistent. Her girlfriend looked at her like the day they first kissed.

"Hey, Gwen, ready to go?" Yui asked, smiling ever so brightly while leaning in to kiss her cheek. It made Gwen blush very hard as her father looked amusedly with a raised eyebrow. He did not say a word, but his gaze told Gwen enough. 'I'll tell the family about this later.'

"Yup! Thanks for coming with me. Ehm, see you later dad."

"Don't be too distracted. This is important for you and your future. Well, have fun you two."

"Thanks, dad!"

Gwen wanted badly to be out of the house which took the form of Yui being dragged away. She did not even have the time to say goodbye as Gwen pushed her out of the house. Only when Gwen felt she put enough distance between them and her father did she relent and set Yui free.