Chapter 4

It felt heavy. Her arms were numb like Yui had been training for hours and just received a moment of rest. The feeling was not uncomfortable. Actually, it felt good in a way like someone was telling a joke that gave her skin the tingly feelings. Trying to make her laugh yet the joke was never funny enough to make Yui laugh.

Yui opened her eyes next to take in her surroundings. It was not her room for one as the first thing she saw was a drum set tugged into a corner. She blinked with confusion while she glanced further into the room. A desk was next and even with her mind reeling off some kind of drug she knew where she was.

Gwen sat behind her desk working behind her laptop. From her angle she could not see what Gwen was working on, but judging from the scrunched nose and the nibbling on her thumb; school work. Yui let out a deep sigh, feeling refreshed like she slept for days. But why was she sleeping in Gwen's bed? Yui knew the smell of Gwen and this felt heavenly soft like a bed. So, she is currently laying in the blond's bed.

"Gwen...?" Yui mutters confused, her voice raspy and a mouth slimy from the dryness. The blond swivels her chair around, chuckling at the confusion that was written on Yui's face.

"Welcome back from dreamland, Yui. You slept like a baby!"

"What...? I did?"

"Yup. Remember I went to get some water? Around dinner time?" Gwen asked, looking with an amused smile at the disoriented artist. She was awake, no doubt about it. But her brain was slow in activating its engines to think properly. It took her a few moments before she remembered, making her nod a bit.

"Yeah..."

"Well, I came back to get you for dinner but you were knocked out completely. Didn't have the heart to wake you."

"Sorry... Wait, where did you sleep?! God, I am so sorry for taking your bed!"

Yui raised herself up in bed, sitting crosslegged as she massaged her eyes. The sleep left her body, slowly feeling more active. But she felt ashamed of falling asleep so quickly. Let alone in someone else's bed. Even so, she can't deny that Gwen's bed smelled pretty good. Her perfume and shampoo must have a permanent place on the bed.

"Next to you?" Gwen answers with a teasing smile.

"What!? Oh god..."

Gwen laughed when witnessing the widening of Yui's eyes, the mouth suddenly needing to be covered by her hand. The shock and red cheeks were coming out in full force on Yui's face. Adorable and cute as Yui buried her head in her palms. The embarrassment made her fidget and flustered, let alone her wanting to get out of Gwen's gaze. Gwen was enjoying it but soon reassured Yui that nothing happened.

"Joking, joking, Yui! I slept next to the bed on a mattress. Don't worry, just see it as a sleepover."

"Don't do that to me... my heart was pounding out of my chest, you know?"

"Really? Good to know," Gwen chuckled which made Yui groan with redder cheeks. If she wasn't embarrassed before, the confession she made now was doing the trick, "I would offer you breakfast... but I don't think it's considered breakfast anymore when it's quarter past one."

"I missed the entire morning on Friday...? That's not good!"

"Yui..." Gwen tried to get the girl to calm down.

Yui was peaceful when she woke up. But it slowly became more stressed than anything else. Her head must be flooding with deadlines and other work-related things. Gwen knew Friday was important to finish the comic for the newspaper. When Yui came to realize it, the color drained from her face.

"I am so screwed! Why didn't you wake me!? Oh, I am going to miss the deadline!" Yui's voice uttered, it was tight and strained from her overclocked brain that has just woken up. Her hands already threw the blanket off her. Her eyes searched for her phone and bag.