Chapter 11

Bo's POV~

I let out a loud groan and run my fingers through my hair. I open my eyes as I come into conscience. Looking around I notice that I'm laying on the ground. How did I get here? I get up and look at the clock; it's 1:30 in the afternoon. All of a sudden I get this headache and my vision is blurry. Almost in this blind rush I stumble and close the windows because of my sudden light sensitivity.

I hear my phone ding, but I choose to ignore it in my confusion. Later the home phone rings and I once again, choose to avoid answering it. Soon it goes to message saying," Hey this is Zack. Bo I know you're really aggravated at me right now, but please listen to me. I'm really sorry that I haven't been including you lately. I just want to make it up to you somehow. How about I pick you up at your house in 5 minutes? See you then!"

"Ugh," I moan in irritation. Almost too soon there is 2 shadows hanging over me. "Hey, um, you okay Bo?" a soft voice that could only be Zack's asked. "Um, she doesn't look too good, let's take her to the hospital," called another voice that I recognized as Josh's. " I don't do hospitals," I said trying to sound matter of fact, but instead it came out more as a soft whisper.

"Well, my dad's a doctor, since she doesn't want to go to the hospital we can go to my house," Josh responds quietly. "I'm fine, just really tired," I say a little louder. "Well then what happened?" they asked at the same time raising their voices. "Don't remember," I mumble embarrassed. "Well, I think you got a concussion. Seems minor so I wouldn't worry as long as you get lots of sleep and take it easy.

"Um, where's Kenna?" Zack questions suddenly. "Don't know, don't care," I mumble irritated about his attention focused on Kenna. "Oh come on, you have to care, she's your sister," he stated as if talking to a little child. "No, I don't have to care," I reply hearing the sting in my voice. "Wait, the cameras wouldn't happen to be on would they?" called Josh who pointed at them. "Only when my mom leaves," I respond. "Good, where's your laptop?" Zack burst in.

"In my room on my desk, left hand side," I respond trying to be nonchalant, but really wondering about what happened. Soon my laptop is down stairs and I pull up the camera system and watch the events talk place. (If you need affects reread the end of chapter 9.)

"Well, that's that," I say trying to shrug the shock off of Zack and Josh's faces. "No, what is that," Zack responded turning to face me. I knew immediately what he was talking about, Kenna. "Um, the light glaring off of us," I say hoping they buy my answer. Zack looks like he wants to say more but instead he gets up and suddenly states," Well, I best be going." I smile at him as he walks away. "Care to explain that?" questioned Josh. I ignore his question and look away. Soon Josh walks away too and I take a long sigh.

I watch the video again. I still can't believe Kenna would do that. A couple of words that she said really bit me. "I'm only the monster you make me"

Next question; where is Kenna? "Woof," calls Sam obnoxiously. "What?" I respond with attitude. Sam whines in response. "Ugh, I need to clear my head, would you go on a walk with me?" I question. Sam jumps on the couch energetically and wags his tail. "Woah, I need to stop, now I'm talking to a stupid

dog," I respond unenthusiasticly. Sam gives me a dirty look before jumping off the couch and grabbing his leash.

I clip the leash to his collar and put on some running shoes. Soon we are running down the sidewalk in sync, but all of a sudden Sam turns a sharp corner into an alley. I attempt to stop Sam, but he keeps pulling me. "Stop, now I remember why I got a lazy fat cat instead of a dog," I say jerking violently against the leash. Suddenly I pull to a stop as I see the exact sight I was hoping to avoid; a gang.

"Um ma'm, I think you took a wrong turn, a very wrong turn," the first one said. " No, you took the wrong turn," I answered gathering confidence. "Sweety we know you're scared, why don't you just start running before you get hurt?" He answered taking a step closer to me. I take a step closer and say," Do you have a person I know, a girl, about 14 years old?"

He chuckles and responds," Yes, the part fire girl, the one that you are going to die with." Then he adds," Yeah and I have her two friends, does Josh and Zack sound familiar?" Seeming satisfied with himself, he took two steps closer to me with an evil smirk on his face.

I thought for a moment and came up with an amazing, but stupid idea. I confidently took a step forward and stated,"We fight one on one, if I win I get all three of them, but if I lose you get me." He stood there for a moment before looking back at his fellow gang members. They all nodded no. "Hmm, looks like you have to sweeten the deal," he responds arrogantly. "Sure, you can have my Lamborghini too," I say. "Okay, sounds good," he answers just before punching my gut.

I drop Sam's leash and fall to the ground from impact, but rise before he has a chance to do anything more. Almost instantaneously I feel my body cool down. I punch him directly in the chest. My hands grow icy and soon I feel just like when Kenna and I fought. I flail ice crystals to the ground for a dramatic effect to make the gangster fearful. We carry on punching and kicking until I send a hard icy kick right into his face as he falls violently to the ground with his nose bloody. Soon the man's eyes go wide and he screams," No, I lose!" I smile and say,"Hmm, now it's your turn to "sweeten" the deal." He frantically responds,"Okay, anything."

I think for awhile and then say,"Okay, how about a free pass to beat somebody up?" They look at each other and the man gets up off the ground and says,"Deal." I feel my body temperature rise to a normal range and shake his hand. Wiping the water from melting ice off my hands on my jeans, I walk towards the old abandoned factory building where I assume that Kenna, Zack, and Josh are being held.

I open the squeaky door and immediately spot three figures each tied into separate chairs along with a fourth that I recognized as Sam. I walked closer slowly as my eyes adjusted to the dim light. "Please, let us go," called a soft voice I recognized as Kenna's. I walked over and leaned in to whisper in her ear,"I'm only the monster you make me," repeating the very quote she used on me. "Bo?" She questioned.

"Bo, I'm so glad you're here can you help us?" Zack frantically demands. "Well, all of you have some major explaining to do," I state matter of factly. "Please, can that wait, we're really scared here," Josh says quietly. I take a sigh and reach for my pocket knife clicking it open. Soon I free them and say," My house now!" They all seem startled, but quickly run out the back door with Sam and I following behind them.

Soon we all reach my house and enter. As soon as we all are in, I turn locking the door to show I mean business. I point to the living room, to motion them all in. I race to the kitchen and grab an assortment of food for them to snack on. Returning to the room I say," What's been going on lately? I've been lied to and I don't even know who my friends are anymore. I need answers now, and nobody's moving till I get some." I turn and find a spot in a nearby chair across from them awaiting answers.